BMW Police Brick "Clair" K75 just got featured on INAZUMA!! up for sale

burnicarus

Oliver
I recently got this 1994 BMW K75 RT Police for a sweet deal. It needed some work, I lubed all of the splines, the clutch is fine and the gear box is clunky as expected. Engine is solid. Fairing is cracked from a spill. I will be replacing the rear master brake cylinder, removing the non functioning abs replacing pads and shoes, new k&n air filter and I will either replace the exhaust with an aftermarket, supertrapp luftmeister or staintune, and if I cant find those for a good price ill just cut the exhaust in half and do a little weld job there or remove the muffler add a short pipe and heat wrap it. The fork tubes were pitted so I have a set of replacement forks in amazing condition. So thats that Im going for a more aggressive Tatanka look.
This bike is great I love her. pulls like a train and I have so many extras on this bike and spare luggage to sell or already sold that the job will pay for itself. Here comes a beauty
checklist:
Brat cafe seat welded and fabricated- being reupholstered with better marine grade vinyl.
fairing removal -DONE
Brake overhaul - Done
Rear shock replacement DONE
New tires - done
New hand controls - ignition switch relocation DONE
Joker footpegs DONE
headlight replacement and mirrors - DONE
New throttle - Done
Brooks leather grips - Done
clip ons tarozzi -DONE
Koso speedo Done!
tank raw - DONE
tail end = license plate, tail light, front and rear indicators -DONE
fork replacement - DONE
aluminum side panels hammered out and painted - DONE
wheels polished
side ignition switches and choke - Done
side ammo pannier bags -Done
clean
paint frame
exhaust replacement or modification and wrapped
Rear Fender - Done

m8zeao.jpg

2s0hhk6.jpg

2l9qo39.jpg

Re: 1994 BMW K75 RT police "CLAIR BUILD"

Awesome to see a flying brick getting some love! Anything is possible so get crackin!

I just bought two in a package deal this summer myself, one is a rt police model parts bike no title, the other a base model k75. Just remember when you replace the handlebars you need to find true 22mm handlebars or you'll have to sand the ends to get the stock controls to fit properly.

misfitfiend said:
I just bought two in a package deal this summer myself, one is a rt police model parts bike no title, the other a base model k75. Just remember when you replace the handlebars you need to find true 22mm handlebars or you'll have to sand the ends to get the stock controls to fit properly.

Easier to ease the internal bore of the controls - 10 minutes with a round file. That's because I wanted to Use Renthals on one bike and Clip-ons on the other [ BOTH with imperial bars ].

And yes - you find out about the interference fit after you've cracked at least one clutch lever bar housing !!!

Ill be looking out for those.

Right now I'm putting new dust seals on the replacement forks I got from ebay and also replacing my rear master brake cylinder in a few days. Just got a brand new one from Beemerboneyard(sweet deal) then re routing all brake lines away from ABS and eventually pulling the whole ABS system since it doesnt work and weighs a shit load.

I have new kevlar pads on the way and I will need to bleed the system, Im not a rich guy so I will have to use a cheap pump bleeder from Harbor freight, any information or tips on handling the jobs I just listed will be most appreciated. Seeing as Ive never bled a brake system in my life. Ive heard its best to actually pump the new fluid in from the bleeder side so as to keep all the air going up

HA! I was just going to tell you to go over to motobrick.com for any technical info, but it seems you already found your way.

I see you're going for fork replacement on your "to do" list - 41.7mm K1100 forks [ stock 41.4mm ] will give you a choice of 3 spoke wheels [ wider back and front ], or with a little spindle work on the front - the K1200S 5 spoke wheels. Rears are a straight swap in either way. That's assuming some sort of exhaust / silencer mod. The K1100 forks also take the larger discs and 4 pot Brembos.

As with the fitment of the control levers - clip-ons come in 41mm or 42mm stanchion size, so it's 41mm clip ons and open them out slightly or better option 42mm and reduce the slot width on the clamp.

Here's my Streetfighter in mock up last year before the fork mods and 5 spoke wheels. I've pulled it all apart now for detailing, painting etc.

There was also going to be a 60's style Cafe Racer [ wire spoked wheels] and the Fighter was originally going to be a Race Rep - but was beginning to look too much like an S1000RR ! And the R/R preceeded the launch of the S1000RR by 12 months.

I actually already got a set of K75 forks off ebay, 90 bucks and no pitting for both. couldnt beat that deal. I dig your concoction there. Ive seen pictures before just googling. I like the spoked-ish kind of wheels more than the three spoked. However on a streetfighter I think its dope. These forks are turning out to be a pain in the ass trying to get them apart to replace the seals. I may also want to cut the springs to lower it an inch or so

Finished replacing brake cylinder, new pads and new brake fluid also re routed rear brake straight to caliper and looped the abs on itself. FUll update with pics tomorrow. Need sleep I fucking hate brake fluid as of this night

Replaced old brake cylinder which was disgusting with all of the paint corroded off of it because the rubber boot was ripped and the insides rusted. Looped abs back on itself and routed brake line straight to caliper. will be needing new rear brake line soon. Emptied system of fluid, ones the new pads were put in I refilled the system by myself which I will say is a hell of a job. Here are some pics
4ru92p.jpg

2rxelgj.jpg

ezis0n.jpg

Now Im stopping like a champ in traffic, also changed gear oil today, final drive tomorrow. didnt have enough time before work.
Seat getting built some time next week.

Just wanted to show off my friends build and my bike without the seat, did some measurements, many things happening this weekend. seat, forks, alternator rubbers, front brakes, abs removal maybe fairing removal might have to do that later due to slow shipping of parts
3gfad.jpg

j99eg8.jpg

Need help on some things please give me some input on headlights. I dont know if I should go with a regular classic round headlight, or

These piaa headlights(I think the wiring on this might be a bit difficult also I dont know if these will be effective low beams, there are no high beams) http://www.ebay.com/itm/171099110297?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

or these black dominator headlights http://www.ebay.com/itm/281115037076?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Im also considering a hella light and seeing as both the piaa and hella are single beam lights do you think there is a way by maybe angling it and maybe using a visor to use these as a regular headlight. The bmw k75 have an h4 connector so is there a way to convert that to h3?

Also on the A100 I dont know much about it. its a friends garage, I will find out and give more information. I think the engine was taken out for a project, but that may have been the nazi jeep you cant see.

burnicarus said:
Need help on some things please give me some input on headlights. I dont know if I should go with a regular classic round headlight, or

These piaa headlights(I think the wiring on this might be a bit difficult also I dont know if these will be effective low beams, there are no high beams) http://www.ebay.com/itm/171099110297?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

or these black dominator headlights http://www.ebay.com/itm/281115037076?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Im also considering a hella light and seeing as both the piaa and hella are single beam lights do you think there is a way by maybe angling it and maybe using a visor to use these as a regular headlight. The bmw k75 have an h4 connector so is there a way to convert that to h3?

Also on the A100 I dont know much about it. its a friends garage, I will find out and give more information. I think the engine was taken out for a project, but that may have been the nazi jeep you cant see.

IMO twin headlamps takes you into the realms of Streetfighters.

Single round 7" headlamp would be my choice to go with Clip-ons, rear sets, race seat, etc. LOADS of choices.

Guzzi did a very nice chrome unit with a flat back, then there's the hoardes of Lucas 7" repros. Steer clear of the chrome versions - absolute crap.

Im not going for the street fighter look more like the brat tracker front end. All of the dual lights im talking about like hella or piaa have covers or cages on the front which I think really makes the bike look like it can take a beating. If I did a Hella light Id only ujse one but with piaa id do two. Look up gonzo by El Solitario phenomenal bike builders but that one has dual piaa lights. The thing Im only worried about is the wiring and how bright they are I think since all of these hella kits come with two lights, I will cut a hole in the second cover for night time driving. Or just completely rip on the back end and put a regular H4 headlight in there

Here is a hella light http://www.ebay.com/itm/111109949911?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Personally I like the idea of having a hi/low function for my lights. Just my preference. But as far as rock guards go there are a ton of options. I saw somewhere a guy used old spokes to make one, just tacked them into place, I can't remember where I saw that. And this guy http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=16221.msg177989#msg177989 used one meant for a jeep, he just cut it to fit. You could use any somewhat rigid wire mesh anything really. Hell a strainer might work even, just hit up the flea markets and hardware stores I'm sure you'll find something. As far as off road lights go I would imagine they would be pretty goddamn bright. They are meant to light up a whole lot more than on road lights (which is why they usually come with the statement "for off road use only"). So as long as you don't have a problem pissing off on coming traffic go for it.

Ive finally figured it out. Im going to go with a regular headlight but I will be attaching a set of R/69 mirrors to it. They look so sweet, made the cover of 90 years of BMW

Back
Top Bottom