Harley Recall

Why the hell are you quoting me? I like motorcycles, all different kinds. And I'm a hillbilly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deviant said:
Why the hell are you quoting me? I like motorcycles, all different kinds. And I'm a hillbilly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude = 1

Sorry, habit from another board. :-[

http://www.goingfaster.com/angst/noharley2.html

I don't 100% agree with everything here but it sums up a lot of reasons why I don't like Harley's and will never ride one. As I've mentioned before I do take a considerable amount of joy from being a bit of a douche on the subject... but I do like motorcycles.

still sounds like penis envy.

Saying "that's why I'll never ride one" doesn't seem any different than when a little kid won't eat peas...

canyoncarver said:

Saying "that's why I'll never ride one" doesn't seem any different than when a little kid won't eat peas...

BUT PEAS ARE YUCKY!

canyoncarver said:

What's there to be envious of? Harley's are like guys that talk about their penis all the time and have to make macho statements cos underneath all they have is a little rod.

I'll never ride one for the same reason I'll never test ride a toyota camry cos they're both just generic vanilla bullshit. At least the camry knows it's vanilla. If I were to put some chrome all over it, put in some studded leather seats, tassels on the wing-mirrors and a boat anchor in the trunk then it would just need that $20000 harley logo on the side it would be a perfect harley car.

Seriously though - the main point I took from that guys rant is the fact that they stopped racing. Something that is supposed to represent american spirit is made by a company that gave up racing and thus lost all R&D focus on speed and performance. They do make a nice armchair though.. comfy..

canyoncarver said:

penis envy ha ha ha that mite just be it
homos proly ride haleys more than any other motorcycle in the USA

xb33bsa said:
penis envy ha ha ha that mite just be it
homos proly ride haleys more than any other motorcycle in the USA

The Milwaukee vibrator, there are mostly solo male riders on hardleys. :eek:

Camry's are in NASCAR. Regardless, I don't think whether or not they race is a matter of judgement. You're talking about marketing decisions which has nothing to do with penis envy. I think being a manufacturer in this country for over 100 years is enough to be proud of. Not too many other American companies can say that.

Ribo said:
Seriously though - the main point I took from that guys rant is the fact that they stopped racing. Something that is supposed to represent american spirit is made by a company that gave up racing and thus lost all R&D focus on speed and performance. They do make a nice armchair though.. comfy..

That's pretty much it - and it's quite smart when you think about it.

Do you really think HD would be able to compete on a racing level with todays technology? And how much would a red-blooded, made in the good ol USA HD sportsbike cost to make? Or to buy?

They were extremely smart to focus on selling their history as opposed to throwing billions of dollars at racing development to create something that would still be a couple of laps behind the Ducatis in MotoGP.

So there is no hardley factory backed team in flat track.
And they didn't get thier last 'bailout' along with GM and Chrysler.

Nebr_Rex said:
So there is no hardley factory backed team in flat track.
And they didn't get thier last 'bailout' along with GM and Chrysler.

Flat-track haha -- yeah and NASCAR is racing too - straight straight straight oh there's a bend turn slightly, straight straight straight oh another bend turn slightly..straight....

Ribo said:
Flat-track haha -- yeah and NASCAR is racing too - straight straight straight oh there's a bend turn slightly, straight straight straight oh another bend turn slightly..straight....
Obviously, you don't know NASCAR.
062314_NASCAR_SonomaPics4_PI_JP.vnocropresize.940.529.medium.48.jpg

Ribo said:

are you saying flat-track isn't real racing?

The Harley recall is a BS recall. Come on, it's a sorta maybe. How on earth could you not notice a brake line pinched under your tank. Even if it was, you would notice something off, right away.
There were 41 other recalls, on different makes, in the same time frame. For those that had an accident, maybe it was the first time they used a front brake.

Ribo said:

Umm, not how it works even when racing on an oval. Don't get me wrong I no longer watch it on tv, but even when racing in a circle you are rarely just in "go fast then turn left" mode. But you may be one of those guys who talk shit about stuff just to hear yourself talk.

Back
Top Bottom