Who's moving to Italy with me

quadracer351

Coast to Coast
For the price of a cup of coffee (and some good ol manual labor)you can own a home in Italy. Last time I was in Italy visiting my family in Bari there town was doing the same thing.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/italy/11016777/For-sale-at-one-euro-a-house-in-an-idyllic-Sicilian-village.html

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

That's not Italy, it's Sicily. Nobody from Sicily says they're Italian, they're Sicilian. If there was massive interest, then why do they need to market so hard. The Mafia is only interested in Million $ properties.... There is usually a reason some place is a "bargain". I'm not buying it, it's realtor hype....

Of course there's a reason for selling a house for one euro. The town is trying to bring people back. If you have the inclination and the money it can be a good deal. I only ever saw one honest realtor. He was in Ireland. His ad read "A pile of rocks vaguely shaped like a house................."

I live in queens ny, I don't consider myself a long islander, but I live on long island.....there doing this throughout all different regions of Italy. When I was in Bari visiting family in January (who refer to themselves as Barese before Italian but are still no doubt Italian) and the same thing is happening in there town. People left years ago and because of the economy and infrastructure in some of these ancient towns no one could or wanted to bother to fix up these homes, when they could just buy a new modern home or apartment in the areas outlying these towns. The government acquires these homes and unlike the states they don't want to knock down these beautiful homes and build new, they rather see then, renovated and inhabited, they collect taxes on it which makes any government happy and the towns economy slowly gets helped. My families abandoned home in Gravina...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1408044788708.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1408044788708.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 196
Back
Top Bottom