First build 75 cb360 brat tracker "Alexandra"

Re: First build 75 cb360 tracker style bratish.

shorticek said:
Hi, if u don't mind me asking, where did u find this part? I desperately need it. Is the part that hold the chain in alternator??

Best Regards,

TD

Hey. That part is a ratchet guide plate. It pushes the kickstarter ratchet back in place after you kickstart. Mine had hairline cracks in it. If that piece is broken the ratchet just spins against the metal making an unpleasant sound that will eventually toast the ratchet taking the kickstarter out of comission. I scoured the interweb and found mine on ebay canada. The pic was of it on a spec sheet with the models it will fit. Here is some links to other ones I was looking at but not sure if these will fit your scoot.
Good luck

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/1973-HONDA-CB350G-RATCHET-GUIDE-PLATE-28258-310-010-/370610553624?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item564a1c4318#ht_1227wt_698

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/71-72-73-74-75-76-77-78-CB500-CB550-KICK-START-STARTER-SHAFT-RATCHET-GUIDE-/390360254393?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5ae348c7b9#ht_1804wt_754

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/HONDA-CL350-CL-350-KICKER-KICSTART-RATCHET-GEARS-SPRING-/310401888085?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item484564ef55

Things are looking good bud.

Yeah just douching the frame and re-assembling this week. (rain here all week too :mad: ) I am also shaving down the stock seat so its thinner. That way I don't have to sit on 9" of foam. ;D I didn't bother with the rear fender because of wiring I figured leave it. This is just so I can ride this season. The 2nd take on this build will be in the winter.
Will post pics of her when she's together!

Nice Progress.... Let me know how you make out with the title....PM and we can Ride i'm also in Ma

DesmoBro said:
Nice Progress.... Let me know how you make out with the title....PM and we can Ride i'm also in Ma

Nice! She should be up and running this week. Title in a week or 2. I have a couple friends with bikes but definitely need some riders with the same interests. My friend ride crotch rockets or harleys. Neither of which are my style.
I'm in Danvers. You?

Getting my title situation situated tomorrow! Cleaning the frame a lil and putting the motor back in! Should be up and running. Pics this weekend hopefully. This is my 1st bike I have to get a permit tomorrow as well. I am not going to be able to sleep tonight!

So got up today with good intentions of getting the legal stuff done on this bike. Went to the registry to get my permit and there was a 2 hour wait in which case I would not make it to Maine to get my title situated. So I left and drove up north only to find out that Maine will not title a bike older than 25 years. So my plan is to have my cousin register and insure it in Maine and just drive it here (in MA) for the summer than have him give me a bill of sale and the registration to switch it over to my name and state. So essentially I accomplished nothing. :mad:
After that I felt like I had to do something so I ripped the leather and foam off of the very worn stock seatpan got some sleeping bag mat foam and went to the shop. The seat needs to be tightened up a bit but here is a pic with the tank and seat mock up. Nothing is bolted so it may appear a little askew. This is not where my final build will end up this is just to get me through the summer and than a complete tear down and rebuild will commence.

Here she is as she sits now.

Attachments

• mock2.jpg
    mock2.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 1,346
  • mock1.jpg
    mock1.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 1,353

Bored sprayed helmet

Attachments

• IMG_20120618_123929.jpg
    IMG_20120618_123929.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 321

Well warm weather has lit a fire under my ass. Haven't done anything to this thing in months. Been going through a divorce. So now I actually have time and some $$ to work with. I still have the same goal in mind but am going to just don't he whole thing now. Stripping down now. I have swingarm ext coming in a week or so than onto the rear hoop for seat pan fabrication. Frame should be paint ready in 2 or 3 weeks. Got a bit of welding ahead of me!! Very psyched to be back at it!!

:-X

Attachments

• CAM00458.jpg
    CAM00458.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 322
  • CAM00459.jpg
    CAM00459.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 332
  • CAM00457.jpg
    CAM00457.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 331

Finally getting somewhere.....de tabbing swingarm ext and rear hoop up next.
I also need some advice about wheels. I want to take the spokes off clean up them and the rim paint and re assemble. For safety purposes is there a specific way to do this or anything special i need??
Thanks!

Attachments

• CAM00473.jpg
    CAM00473.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 336
  • CAM00470.jpg
    CAM00470.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 341

if you need parts for the engine or other stuff, check www.cmsnl.com

bit steep on the price, but they have every part on the planet. if they dont have it, its not here ;)

Slowly making progress. Detabbed the fram some. Cut off the footpeg mounts. Going to put a rear upswept hoop on after i finish up some grinding. Here is how she sits.

Attachments

• CAM00494.jpg
    CAM00494.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 324
  • CAM00493.jpg
    CAM00493.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 324
Wondering if I could get some electrical advice or help from you awesome peoples!? So I have the wiring harness from the bike but I want to have a kick start only with just the bare essentials, head/tail light and directionals. Can't think of what else I might need. I have never rewired anything. Would it be better to make a whole new harness or use the existing one? What type of battery would I need? Condensers/relays etc.....pretend like you are explaining this to a retarded person. I literally have no idea but I want to build a small box under the seat pan to put everything I might need.
Thanks in advance
Jim

I would make a new harness, it's actually easier then modifying the existing one.
I use 7amp hour battery with kickstart and a newer regulator rectifier (1980's CB400T) unit wired into all 3 generator outputs, use standard Honda colours to wire it in)
You need points, condensers, coils, and whatever lights/switches your using but only a single 15A fuse
Red up to ign switch, black back down to power everything (it will also need connecting into brown IGN wire)

Amsterdam360 said:
Finally getting somewhere.....de tabbing swingarm ext and rear hoop up next.
I also need some advice about wheels. I want to take the spokes off clean up them and the rim paint and re assemble. For safety purposes is there a specific way to do this or anything special i need??
Thanks!
you can do it, kinda depends on the condition of existing spokes/nipples..if you can remove them easily, measure offset if any, mark rim & take pics before you disassemble. If they are seized shiny new spokes needed! you must lube the threads and the rim side of nipples to allow sufficient torque. Then its a matter of trueing.. I only needed 6 &7mm spanners. you can get spoke wrenches too.

Back
Top Bottom