Anyone in Central Florida?

64bastagebomr

DCC - Supporting Whiskey Fueled Mayhem Since 2009.
DTT SUPPORTER
Still trying to find out of if there is anyone in central florida...

,Holliday

i will be - I'm going to Disney in January with the family, and am looking into renting a bike for a day and hitting the roads.

Any suggestions on places to rent from / rides to take from Orlando?

Orlando checking in here. Your in Jax yea? And you have an airplane hangar to work in? What a deal! I'd love to check out the Bomber project sometime.

Steve

Tintin - Drop me a line when your headed down to Dizney land... It's insane down there! Watch out for Goofy...he get's a little crazy. :) Seriously though, about the bike rental I'm not 100% sure. I do know that there are a TON of places though. I'm almost positive you could fine some cool yuppie place that rents retro bikes though.

Steve - actually I'm in Tampa. I have family and a spot up in Jax. I got there once or twice a month to see them and my daughter (ex and I seperated.) I've got a pretty cool spot here in Tampa, the hangar is pretty cool. There's always planes coming and going, people, Etc... Everyone's always talking about "Hangar 70" and those crazy guys who have a pool table and bar.. :p If you ever head this way drop me a line for sure man.

...the reason I posted this thread is because I wanted to see who was around and possibly start up our own chapter...and get our own stinking patches! :) I met three guys (apparently the only three) in Tampa that ride older Cafe's a Guzzi and to BMW's. Very cool, we hung out and played pool and bullshitted for the entire night. Them plus me makes 4 if we get a few more we could put something together!

Of course until my bike is done I'll have to roll on my XR with all of you guys. :) That'll be funny....although I do have the RZ350 now that's a closer fit I suppose. I just love the XR!

64bastagebomr said:
Tintin - Drop me a line when your headed down to Dizney land... It's insane down there! Watch out for Goofy...he get's a little crazy. :) Seriously though, about the bike rental I'm not 100% sure. I do know that there are a TON of places though. I'm almost positive you could fine some cool yuppie place that rents retro bikes though.

Steve - actually I'm in Tampa. I have family and a spot up in Jax. I got there once or twice a month to see them and my daughter (ex and I seperated.) I've got a pretty cool spot here in Tampa, the hangar is pretty cool. There's always planes coming and going, people, Etc... Everyone's always talking about "Hangar 70" and those crazy guys who have a pool table and bar.. :p If you ever head this way drop me a line for sure man.

...the reason I posted this thread is because I wanted to see who was around and possibly start up our own chapter...and get our own stinking patches! :) I met three guys (apparently the only three) in Tampa that ride older Cafe's a Guzzi and to BMW's. Very cool, we hung out and played pool and bullshitted for the entire night. Them plus me makes 4 if we get a few more we could put something together!

Of course until my bike is done I'll have to roll on my XR with all of you guys. :) That'll be funny....although I do have the RZ350 now that's a closer fit I suppose. I just love the XR!

I go through Tampa quite often actually. Where are you at in relation to the I4/I75 interchange? I have a friend that lives just north of that junction.

But I, like you, am still working on my scoot, hopefully done someday, I am totally up for starting up a chapter of our own. I can maybe even get my graphic design graduate to help us out with a patch if you're interested. I can help promote on this side of the state.

So what's the deal with the hangar? You just use it as a workshop? Or are you a pilot? I have always thought owning/renting a hangar would be ideal, no noise ordinances or anything silly.

Steve

Steve,

I'm about 15 mins from that interchange. The hangar is about 20 it's on a private airport on an Island... Very cool and quiet.

Not a piolot, yet. I do share it with a friend whom has a plane (in my photos) and upon my return from running the Baja 1000 (if I don't end of in a ditch) I am going to start flight training just for fun. At some point I'd like to get a small 4-5 pass. cesna so I could fly down south to some locations outside the US. There are some sweet offroading trails in Mexico, Belzie especially and I have some contacts with the Rain forest commision and am one of the few people who can actually camp there.

I think we should start a topic about starting a florida chapter. See what kind of interest we have. I'm totally a poser until my bike is done but nothing wrong with laying the foundation! Once you ride, your a rider no what on...that's my opinion. (Accept Power Rangers... :))

64bastagebomr said:
I think we should start a topic about starting a florida chapter. See what kind of interest we have. I'm totally a poser until my bike is done but nothing wrong with laying the foundation! Once you ride, your a rider no what on...that's my opinion. (Accept Power Rangers... :))

I'm up for it. I wanted to do a chapter a LONG time back, but had no real people to help out. SECR, or South East Cafe Racers is what the body was going to be called. Not very original yea, but encompasses a large area, which is a plus. I am not actually sure how long I'll be based in Florida, might be moving in the next 7-8 months, but that's not set in stone, and I definitely want to get something going.

Steve

Silly question, I'm here, what else do you need ;D
Was over in Tarpon Springs a few times last month, the roadworks sucks big time. 'They' managed to remove toll booth but kept camera so I got a 'toll running' ticket' coming out of Tampa :mad:

crazypj said:
Silly question, I'm here, what else do you need ;D
Was over in Tarpon Springs a few times last month, the roadworks sucks big time. 'They' managed to remove toll booth but kept camera so I got a 'toll running' ticket' coming out of Tampa :mad:
I got one of those a while back. Thought I had my SunPass on me. I didn't. Got a letter with a shot of me on my bike. Ticket cost me as much as it took me in gas to get to Ft. Myers.

Back
Top Bottom