Found an RD For Sale

TripleKing

Been Around the Block
I spotted this poor soul for sale(see attachments) on Route 715 up here in the Poconos. It looks like a 400 (I never saw radial heads on a 350, but I am not an RD expert, just a fan). Owner was not home. It looks in rough shape, except for the nicely painted tank. Carbs were uncovered. No filters or air box. I travel this road nearly every day and I have never seen it for sale before. I do not think it is kept outside at all. There was also an RD350 out in the yard, but not near the for sale sign, but I think that is the owners intention. Also an old Honda endure. I have included a pic of the for sale sign with the phone number, in case anyone here is interested.

My garage runneth over right now (five bikes, four from the 70s and a 1989 Katana 750) and I don’t want another two-stroke as my next project. However, if someone on the board wants to know more, I am happy to check out the bike. I do not know the owner whatsoever.

Thats a 350 w DG heads, DG street pipes, and aftermarket shocks. I'd definitely be interested in an asking price. I'm in Pittsburgh so the trip wouldn't be too bad.

Very Interesting. That bike has not been ridden hard in at least 2 decades. The front tire is a MIchelin S41 and we used to race with those in PZ2 compound back in 1980 or thereabouts. They were NLA by 1990, so it's been a while. Fresh paint is probably to sell it.

It will need a full rebuild but at the right (low) price it could be a fun project.

VonYinzer said:
Thats a 350 w DG heads, DG street pipes, and aftermarket shocks. I'd definitely be interested in an asking price. I'm in Pittsburgh so the trip wouldn't be too bad.

Call the number I posted in the pics. If you still want me to look at it I will do so.

you can probably get it for a price that the heads and pipes alone are worth it. Unless the owner is crazy and thinks he's sitting on a gold mine, cause that never happens

Back
Top Bottom