new owner

tmtrebor

hey guys, figured I'd make an introduction here before I post further.

I recently purchased a 78 cb750k and am currently in the process of a rebuild. Never worked on a motorcycle before, especially trying to convert one into something else, so I'm sure I'll be posting up here pretty frequently.

I'm trying to get it down to something very similar to the following, so if anyone on here owns this bike / knows what's going on that'd be awesome.

56L1nu2.png

Anyway, other than that I guess i'll see you all around here.

Welcome in mate ;) thats gonna be a cool ride if it looks like ya idea's pic 8) jump in the deep end plenty of help n answers here to see ya thru the tricky bits :p did same myself first build nearly there :eek: look forward to ya updates mate

That's going to look good! Good luck with the build. If you need more inspiration, check out some of Steel Bent Customs builds. They are pretty awesome.

Thanks a lot guys, pics are being taken (finally got the engine out) so I'll start a post sometime this weekend when I get everything off and actually start working on it.

Welcome to DTT. The bike in that pic has a few trick mods. Right away I see Kawasaki EX500 forks (that have been shortened), and wheels. An alloy swinger (possibly from a motocross bike) that's been modifies to fit the frame and run dual shocks. Some nice aftermarket rearsets. 4-1 exhaust with a (looks to me) modified aftermarket modern sportbike muffler. Aftermarket mini flashers (cheap and plentiful). A homemade seat. 2 1/2" mini speedo (also cheap and plentiful). Modern sportbike remote res front master. And, what seems to be some sort of oil cooler? Everything else seems stock. Pretty simple build, but really well executed.

Von, dude, you are awesome. I have a few friends with a little more experience helping me out here via FB with certain things, and all of that info will definitely help them help me lol.

currently waiting for piston rings to get in so I can get the engine running "perfect" before I start on the rest of the bike. All of the info in your post will definitely allow them to point me in the right direction. They race drag superbikes, so all of that info should make it pretty simple for them to get me parts.

Thanks again guys!

Back
Top Bottom