Enfield 500 Scrambler

DBrevit

Starting my street legal Enfield 500 Scrambler build, pulled most of it apart, rewired a few days ago , changed tires, picture is the bike as purchased (I wet sanded and polished the primary cover), lots to do.

Attachments

• IMG_3063.JPG
    IMG_3063.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 309
Re: Enfield 500 Trials

What a gorgeous bike, what year is it? A mate of mine has two late 60's era Enfield Bullets that he had shipped over from India sitting in his garage in need of some TLC, and I'm always badgering him to make it happen. I'll point him in the direction of this thread to get him inspired!

coyote13 said:
I am in. Looking very forward to this one!

Dude, question. When people say "I'm in" with threads, what exactly do they mean? Total rookie question! I've just seen it for so long that I've just assumed it means people are following along - but is there more to it? Sorry for the thread hijack!

I really like the exhaust, are you going to fabricate a heat-shield for it? What are your plans for the rear fender?

DBrevit said:
Heat shield yes, what's wrong with my rear fender.

You said you were going to refit the rear fender brace, didn't know if that was going to be done to accommodate some work on the rear fender or not, which is why I asked.

The Jimbonaut said:
Dude, question. When people say "I'm in" with threads, what exactly do they mean? Total rookie question! I've just seen it for so long that I've just assumed it means people are following along - but is there more to it? Sorry for the thread hijack!

There's a Bookmark feature - you can bookmark the thread and then have easy access to follow along with builds.

Hey man, what year is this bike? and did you have to have an intake machined to fit up the monoblock carb? My original '46 BSA C11 has the same carb and seat that you put on this bike

Changed the bars and shocks for original ones, did some stripes as per Champion spark plugs, also chased down some Amal grips to go with the bar controls (details) all but done (horn, mirror and new tall battery with box).

Attachments

• IMG_3152.JPG
    IMG_3152.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 281
  • IMG_3153.JPG
    IMG_3153.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 273
  • IMG_3154.JPG
    IMG_3154.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 275
  • IMG_3158.JPG
    IMG_3158.JPG