GS 750 Cafe project with 99 CBR 900 Forks

tweekin2

Happily confused with this project
Good afternoon!
I am heading down a new path of building a custom cafe.
After years of desiring (thinking I can do it) I found the right project for sale.
This is a 78 Suz GS750E. It has a 99 CBR 900 frontend on it.
This includes dual brakes, modern lines, etc.
The rear wheel was replaced to match the front CBR style (not sure what year, but think it is a GS).
The bike came with no wiring harness installed, and was represented as a good running bike before teardown. (Gulp) Good compression, and bike looks in great shape.

So, I was not able to get spark and shipped it off to a local shop to sort points and coils.(Newbie)
Once I get it back I am going to build the custom harness to run the CBR controls and gauges.
So far, I like the look, but I just bought a proper cafe tail piece for it.

The plan is to trim off the rest of the useless metal and add some modern bits.
What does everyone think?

Cheers,
Cory

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 596
  • side.jpg
    side.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 594
Very cool man! Is there a chance you could post some picks of how the modern wheel and rear swing arm fit? maybe how the rear break caliper is rigged up to the swing arm? I'm trying to do something like what you have.

Hi Tweekin2
I will be keeping a close eye on this thread. I have been reading DTT for about 6 months now, and have recently heard of a 1981 GS750 in my local area. Its an ex South Australian police bike, and I like the idea of changing at least the front end, maybe if possible keeping with the spoked wheels.
Will be going to look at it in the next few weeks when I am back home.
Good luck with the build, and please keep the photos and updates coming.
Regards, Brad

Back
Top Bottom