Cb750sohc Reg /rec

yozzer74

Been Around the Block
Hi does anyone no if the sh775 reg /rec will work on the Cb750sohc thanks . Or recommend a good one for this same bike

It'll sort of work. You'd need to provide full power through the field exciter at all times (which I'm not sure is a good idea).

I'd grab one from a DOHC model instead. They can be wired to work for the SOHC bikes.

How would I wire the one off dohc . Thing is I bought one for sohc . But I've been out on bike today and my battery as swelled up like a ballon it's a gel battery . So I'm thinking it's been over charging .

yozzer74 said:
How would I wire the one off dohc . Thing is I bought one for sohc . But I've been out on bike today and my battery as swelled up like a ballon it's a gel battery . So I'm thinking it's been over charging .

The problem with most of the SOHC ones I've encountered over the past couple of years is that they're faulty. I think they all might be made in the same factory overseas and they made them wrong. I've run into multiple charging issues on the SOHC bikes over the past two years and every time it's been a bad R/R.

For the DOHC ones, the hookup isn't too bad.

1.) Follow the green wire coming out of the alternator and disconnect it from the main harness. Connect to the white wire from the new DOHC R/R.
2.) White wire coming from alternator goes to the black wire in the R/R (same plug as white wire).
3.) Yellows to yellows, doesn't matter the order
4.) Second plug on R/R will have red, green, and black. Red to battery + terminal or the hot side of the solenoid. Green gets grounded. Black to any other black wire in the harness.

Back
Top Bottom