What motorcycle magazines to you get?

DSmoke

What motorcycle magazines do you buy or subscribe to? Which are your favorite? I am into all kinds of motorcycle so I find myself constantly searching out different mags. Let me know your favorites.

I currently subscribe to and enjoy:
Baggers
Hot Bike
Motorcycle Cruiser

Anybody know of a good cafe heavy magazine? I used to get cycle source and that was a good one too, but more bobbers and such.

DSmoke

I've picked up a couple of decent issues of Wrench.

The Horse Backstreet Choppers, but only if it is heavy on parallel twins. Couldn't care less about Evo, Twin Cam and UJM based content. Occasionally pick up an American Iron if it has a good vintage bike feature, again, couldn't care less about Evo or Twin Cam content.

Prefer to pick up late 60s through early 90s magazines at the flea market. The feature bikes and tech stories are more relevant to how I build my bikes.

I only get iron and air cause the magazine is just a work of art. less tech than other magazines, but that's what this site is for...

Motorcycle Classics, the new Barnetts mag is pretty rad, and the occasional issue of Cycle World. I usually only get Cycle World for the writing though. Some great articles in there, but I could usually care less about the new bike revies and whatnot.

I have a real hard time buying any of the chop mags out today. The occasional Street Chopper or Horse may follow me home, but only if there's a bike profiled that I REALLY REALLY dig. I've found that most of the chopper mags are a bunch of fluff written by guys who think they're way more important (and "cool") than they actually are. Kind of like a certain Cafe Racer magazine, no? ;)

None... I just tag along with my wife when she goes to Barnes and Noble.

I grab a stack of bike mags from the rack and sit in Starbucks ..... suites my budget.

I've taken to getting a couple on my Android tablet. Can't recall the titles at the moment. But they're cheaper that way than in paper form and I have them all on hand wherever I am. Sadly not many are available and no vintage ones.

Ditto Motorcycle Classics. Was also getting Moto Retro, which is/was a quarterly mag by Mitch Boehm (ex-ed at Motorcyclists). Awesome mag- great quality but not cheap. He's having start up $ issues, so hasn't been an issue in a while (only 5 or 6 quarters printed so far), but he's optimistic. There's a pretty good fan base following/posting up vintage bike stuff on it's FB page. If it survives, I will definitely subscribe again.

Motorcycle Classics, Motor Cyclist, and Cycle World subscribed, and whatever strikes my fancy when I'm at the grocery store or bookstore.
But looking forward to having enough free scratch to get Iron & Air.

If I had the money Iron and Air would be the way to go. A little pricey for a subscription, but some of the articles they have online make me feel like it is well worth the money. A great gift idea for a cafe racer/motorcycle enthusiast.

I don't subscribe to anything, but I like what I've seen of Iron & Air - I've even been in an picture in it. They definitely fall short on the technical side, though. It's more of an "Art of the Motorcycle" than anything else. Good for coffee tables or convincing otherwise uninterested women that your scene is rad.

I just got a feature in Barnett's Bike Craft, pages 32-33. Now I'm a subscriber, its a good magazine, this issue has a lot of café content.

KDI Cycles (cb550fcafe) said:
I just got a feature in Barnett's Bike Craft, pages 32-33. Now I'm a subscriber, its a good magazine, this issue has a lot of café content.

Congrats man. Nice spread and rockin' bike. ...slow clap...

Back
Top Bottom