moped cafe experts i need your help!

ph!L

Been Around the Block
alright guys, my good friends birthday is coming up and i want to buy him a moped that we can cafe out. I am wondering if there is a specific one i should try to find? i dont know anything about cafeing them. Is it typical to modify the frame to add the cross member to mount the tank and seat?

imput is welcome, im currently looking at a 1979 puch maxi moped to use if you guys know if this moped will work or not please let me know! thanks!

ha thanks, i'm going to try and find one super cheap so he gets inspiration to buy parts ha. He wants a bike but wont get his license and he isnt apposed to slow. I figure moped is the right route ha

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1981-GARELLI-RALLY-SPORT-SL-MOPED-FOR-PARTS-PROJECT_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3359a0dcb3QQitemZ220547046579QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Not sure where your located, but...

Not opposed to slow!!!!!! Then he does not deserve anything with RACER in the title!

Hahaha, just joking! I found that statement funny, first time I ever heard that I think!

the moped gang in my town are always looking for Puch Magnums. their definitely the most rad.

magnum_puch_cafe.jpg

Magnums are the goto for most newb mopeders that want to a cafe bike. A maxi will work just fine as long as you're not expecting a "motorcycle cafe look", if that's the case you want to try and find a top tank moped. Also if that Maxi has an e50 motor there are TONS of hi performance parts. 50+ mph is pretty easy with the right motor work. Check out www.mopedarmy.com get yourself some inspiration.

Thats great. I looked at the post because I thought maybe it was a joke of some sort. But Im not disappointed! Ive never seen a cafe moped? Pretty cool stuff.

that is handsdown the coolest moped cafe bike i have ever seen!
thanks for all the input guys, ill just have to keep my eyes open!

Youll find lots of parts for puch
Maxi is a good bet, but keep it as is. Dont weld a top tank. Just get drop bars & a long seat.

Fred that bike is sick. Im thinking of getting a Destroyer too. But might make one outta a motox pipe

Cha!

Destroyer's are rad, but that one is a older N8P pipe. The motomatic guys let the destroyer loose right after i bought the earlier version.

go to mopedarmy.com - that's the stuff.

Vespa's are tough to make go fast - puch's and others are the business.

j

Back
Top Bottom