craigslist courtesies???

emcarthu

Been Around the Block
I don't know if this is how anybody else operates but generally if someone calls me and tells me their interested in what I have and tell me they'll say "come out to tomorrow" to look at it and seem really interested, if someone calls after that I generally say something like, "you know I got a guy coming tomorrow to look at it but I'll let you know if he's not interested or if the item was sold" not let them drive all the way out there to find someone else handing the guy money :mad: :mad: :mad: Does anybody else extend a similar courtesy? this seems like the only logical/ethical way to do it. oh by the way... can you guess what happened to me today?

ya know... thats happend to me so many times!!!... I use to extend that courtesy and even hold on to things for people...ya know...give them a week or too.. but Ive come to the conclusion that really doesnt work 99% of the time and I get hosed.

So now on, my rule is... the part/bike/whatever goes to the first person who brings me cash... the onus is on you, (or whomever wants it..), to call me to see if its still avaliable... If you dont take the time to call me, and just show up... and its gone, Im sorry...you should have called.

Sometime, you get burned for being the nice guy...

ohh.. I should say that, that rule of mine doesnt apply to the DTT brotherhood... ;D

Just to craigslist/kijiji people that I dont know from a hole in the wall... & Drewski...and mabe Intrudin as well... and mabe Drewski... ;D

yeah I called a guy about a 89' saab 900s minutes after his post and said I would be there the next day as soon as he was available. I get there with cash in hand and there's a guy who just showed up and the guy still lets me test drive it I offer more than the other guy and he says "well he got here first" ok???? See yuh... Waste of time. A lot of time btw.

locO leoN said:
ya know... thats happend to me so many times!!!... I use to extend that courtesy and even hold on to things for people...ya know...give them a week or too.. but Ive come to the conclusion that really doesnt work 99% of the time and I get hosed.

So now on, my rule is... the part/bike/whatever goes to the first person who brings me cash... the onus is on you, (or whomever wants it..), to call me to see if its still avaliable... If you dont take the time to call me, and just show up... and its gone, Im sorry...you should have called.

Sometime, you get burned for being the nice guy...

im with you leon. for me now its first come first serve. if someone calls on something and cant get to it till tomorrow, ill say "well ok, but if someone comes here first with cash, im selling it to them, but ill still let you know if someone does or doesnt come."

On low price items I usually allow the first person to respond a chance to buy.
If they drag ass, SOLD to the next person.
On higher priced items, "send me an email money deposit and I'll hold for you".
Otherwise, first come...
That being said, I won't allow a situation to arise where 2 people show up at the same time and waste someones time.
And, of course, i would always extend the utmost courtesy to DTT members ;)

I ALWAYS let everyone know that my stuff is first come first serve and try not to have more than one person at a time there to look at whatever it is; on another note that same thing has happened to me, I drove two hours from orange county to LA to look at a bike in dead stop traffic and told that guy that i would buy it as soon as I got there sight unseen, and he sold it about 3 minutes before I got there, I HATE when shit like that happens.

yeah if someone tells me there gonna come look at it i'll tell the other guy to come later or the next day. you can usually tell when someone is just jerking you around and isn't gonna show up. I guess from now on I'll have to ask if they'll hold it for me until I' get there. I even contacted him after it was dark so who's gonna come look at a car then??? and got there an hour after he said he would be available the next day. not to mention i had to get dropped off in Detroit downtown kill a couple hours till my brother got off of work and then have him drive me out to Royal Oak. ughhhh... I'm still sore about it if you can't tell. haha

man I could have had you stand around it and fight people that came to look at it before me if you still lived out there. LOL!

I guess I am just lucky...I haven't had a bad experience yet. In fact I had a triumph when it came to my bike: Long story short: Searching for months for a 350F....I find one for sale local too which was amazing. I call...The guy just sold it to a guy in Philly. I was bummed......Next day the search begins anew......Craigslist is the first stop again...Low and behold the 350 is back up for sale the next morning. I contact the guy and let him know he just beat me to the bike I was second in line...He says a deal on a 750 he wanted came through for him and since I was second in line it was mine. Same price he paid the day before. It was meant to be....

How do you guys handle a caller that says I'll take the bike "sight unseen" and offers the full price with promise to come with the money next day? I've had this happen and said no to others then when he gets here he low balls me. Needless to say I told him to go F himself. He then offered me the full asking price I told him that he should have done that in the first place and told him no sale.

locO leoN said:
ohh.. I should say that, that rule of mine doesnt apply to the DTT brotherhood... ;D

Just to craigslist/kijiji people that I dont know from a hole in the wall... & Drewski...and mabe Intrudin as well... and mabe Drewski... ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D thanks ;) ;)

99 o/o are just surfin,, time wasteing MoFu#@#$.... 1st one to show with the loot gets it and no over the phone hagling
/

LMAO I have my KZ listed on Kijiji right now....listed as TRADE for a 2 STROKE.

I have had no offers of 2 stroke bikes.....a 2 man red ceder sauna was offered.....and a 20FT Cube van.....and the best one was a hanging wicker chair.

I was soooooooo tempted by the hanging wicker chair :D how cool would that be ?

I give up on listing it, I'm just gonna build the fucking thing.

my coworker at work is selling his van on craigslist and called him from my girlfriends phone and disguised my voice. i told him i dont have the cash for what he was asking, but DID i tell him i had a lot of red lobster gift cards if he wanted em, haha

Back
Top Bottom