That little guy? I wouldn't worry about that little guy....

SquadraCorse

Coast to Coast
Just got back to chilly Rhode Island after a nice week down in Belize. I went spear fishing and got this little guy. A 144lb Goliath Grouper. He was in an artificial reef about 25' down. We put 3 spears in him and he was still bucking around, so one of the fisherman used a screwdriver to finish the job. Pretty wild.

IMGP1166.jpg

IMGP1168.jpg

IMGP1175.jpg

IMGP1177.jpg

IMGP1173.jpg

IMGP1172.jpg

Geez 'n' crow mate, that thing is HUGE! You're lucky to escape with all your limbs still intact hahaha!

You planning bit fry-up or what?

- boingk

boingk said:
Geez 'n' crow mate, that thing is HUGE! You're lucky to escape with all your limbs still intact hahaha!

You planning bit fry-up or what?

- boingk

The local fisherman I went out with sold it for about 600 bucks. Each filet was 45lbs! I went over to their house later and had dinner. We had gotten a bunch of smaller fish as well. Not like I could take it back to the states with me!

goodness gracious, that thing could eat me!!!
the screwdriver in it's head is hilarious.. but then i feel a little bad for laughing.. and then laugh again..

go! said:
goodness gracious, that thing could eat me!!!
the screwdriver in it's head is hilarious.. but then i feel a little bad for laughing.. and then laugh again..

Anything that can't make a facial expression doesn't have a soul. It's ok to laugh ;D

SquadraCorse said:
Anything that can't make a facial expression doesn't have a soul. It's ok to laugh ;D

he totally has facial expression! when i first looked through the photos i was thinking up phrases that went with his expression
here's the sequence for the last three photos:

1. look at his bugged eyes! the poor fishy. i know he's already dead, but he's making sort of an "i can't breathe!" panicked face

2. in the second one he's requesting that you tell his family he put up a good fight, and to tell his eldest son that he's the man of the house now.

and just when you think it's all over..
3. GOTCHA!!! BOOGIE BOOGIE BOOGIE I'M GONNA EAT YOU!!!

so yeah, he totally has facial expression.

Big.
Damn.
FISH!

That right there? That's the reason I don't swim in the sea!
I *LIKE* being top of the food chain. I go hiking in the woods.....I can deal with furry things that wanna take a bite. That's no problem.....I pack for that.

In the water? Yeah.....not.

Looks like a fun trip though..

Back
Top Bottom