Oh the snow.... so much snow....

loudest143

Insert sense of humor here---->
I am born and raised and currently reside in Ohio. I've weathered many harsh winters, here and in other states where I've been caught in all sorts of adventures involving The White Death. I like the pretty white stuff, and how the world looks when it blankets us in its' icey beauty.

I don't however, like what it does to the humans on this continent. Apparently, everyone forgets how to drive, immediately begins hoarding bottled water and canned goods, and cries at the thought of stepping on something crunchy other than a roach. They skid, slide and crawl their way sideways down the highway. They sit halfway in the slow lane with the blinkers on, waiting for the next snow plow to bury them alive. They drive their upper level SUVS in the fast lane at 90mph and wonder why their being life flighted to the nearest public medical center whilest screaming to their significant others on the cell phone that remained attached to their ear, even after the crash.

After making my way home via the salty winding side streets, kicking off my soggy boots and sprawl on my sagging couch and dream of the warmer days ahead. I strap back on those soggy boots and dodge a kid in his 4 door accord with a whale tail in my parking lot as I trudge through the half plowed snow. Garage door opens.... I start up my bike, and smell the gassy oily exhaust that lingers in the cold winter air. I get warm in the unheated low light of my garage. I can almost see the sunny back roads of the not so far away countryside. She's still up on the centerstand, as I pull the bars right, then left, then right again running through that switchback above the posted speed limit. Kill switch, and the engine fades as if she's sobbing, almost as if she was there, too.... Back to the couch I go. But it was worth the walk in the snowy lot.

I don't hate the winter. It forces me to be more appreciative of the months and days so close to us now.... We need the winter to remind us why we love the sunny days, the new grass smell, and the whiff of new asphalt in the air. We need the cold to remind us of why we are who we are. Cross another winter day off the calendars my friends. We are one day closer to riding.

loudest143

argh, theres been no snow at all here really, just light dustings time to time and this is michigan. crazy. there have been a few days that have been sunny and 35, even like 37, and of course, i have two bikes that werent running.

now that i have my cafe racer done, and today my battery comes so i can get my cl125 running - it snows 8 inches.

I hear ya Mike... Ive gotten the the 350 near finished just in time for 3ft of snow and single digit temps... Super fun! ;D

Mike and Mike - you guys need to get some knobbies with some ice screws.

Back
Top Bottom