American Chopper

Cafe_to_go

Coast to Coast
So what do you think about American Choppers family fued? I always tell my clients when they want to form a partnership with a family member, are you sure you want to do this because...... (just too many reasons to list)

I think it is all TV Drama, thats the problem with the show and why I stopped watching after like season 2!

When it was about building bikes and not mikey on drugs and paulie bangin hoes and hatin on pops!

BS! I would rather take a kick in the balls than have to watch 30min of reality TV!

Its not reality at all!

I dont see any problems with partnership with family members.

Shit seems to hit the fan when it goes on TV. American Chopper, John/ Kate +##?, etc...

Junk yard Wars and Monster Garage werent reality, were they?

At first blush, I say, "Good riddance to bad rubbish." Their bikes are stupid, vastly overpriced, and barely functional as motorcycles.

On the other hand, they did raise motorcycles in the public consciousness... so maybe more idiots in cars will notice us and not run us over?

As far as business with family! NEVER! I learned the hard way!

Now I have an ex-brother and $20,000 dollars poorer!

That goes with anything with buisness partners. That being said, there are a few black sheep in my family as im sure all.

Basement rat said:
That goes with anything with buisness partners. That being said, there are a few black sheep in my family as im sure all.

True, but not speaking to an ex-buisness partner ever again in not the same as not speaking to your mothers other son! Tears my Mom to tears, and I feel the worst for her! She should not have to suffer because the he made many bad decisions! Makes Christmas and Thanksgiving kind of a buzzkill for all of us!

Ya know....I cna chime in directly on the working with/for family thing.

Don't......
Fucking.......
Do.....
It!!!!!

For all the reasons eluded to above and a couple specific ones.

I worked for my Dad for almost ten years when he started his business. During that time I was regularly under paid, NEVER got what I was promised, ALWAYS got shit on if the ODB (Old Dirty Bastard) had a need to vent. For the last 6 years I carried all the workload, he bought several new cars, a house, countless totally useless but expensive 'things' that served little purpose.
Why did I stay that long if it was so bad you ask?
Well that's easy......he's Dad. You support family right? You sacrifice for family....don't you? That's just what a good son does......isn't it? Well...yes and no.
I learned the hard way that not only will one get less out of working for the family (kinda goes against what one would think huh?) and you'll willingly bend over for it for a long time out of nothing more substantial than a vague and thoroughly one sided familial loyalty.

maybe I'm bitter......

Don't do it!

As for the primates at OCC. The show was pretty scripted, but the chaos in that 'house' was awefully bad.
The lawsuit is real....another fine father figure right there.
The only ones I think deserve any care though are Mikey and Vinnie. Both got the shaft.....but Mikey should have had way more help than he got.

Yeah...good riddance.

Partnering with ANYONE is a risk!! That's why I won't!! I own my business and while I thought about partners, I never went that route because of the risks. 8)

Family adds another set of risks to be sure! My boys worked for me for awhile, but moved on to other things. Thankfully, we have a great relationship to this day! 8)

Honesty and respect are missing ingrediants from too many relationships, business and otherwise, IMO. :'(

Back
Top Bottom