66 Ducati 250

SeekingZero

Been Around the Block
Since the CB175 is almost complete, I thought I would unveil the next project.

8 months ago I sat down at Ducati Bike Night in San Jose, CA with a guy that happened to be parting ways with some of his old Ducati project bikes that he never got around to. I told him to hang on to one for me and I would be back to get it. Last week I flew back out there for work, made arrangements and the bike arrived at my house today. It is definitely a bitsa that seems to have started life as a Monza, at least as far as the fenders are concerned. It is a 5-speed model and seems to be missing only a few, though essential, parts.

img_1672.jpg

img_1673.jpg

img_1674.jpg

img_1675.jpg

img_1676.jpg

img_1677.jpg

img_1678.jpg

img_1679.jpg

img_1680.jpg

I also met up with one of the most experienced men on the planet when it comes to the Ducati 250. He's raced them, owned them , worked on them, and has a shop that's crammed with parts for them. I took it by his shop out in Hayward, CA before I left and we spent the afternoon discussing the bike as well as what parts it needed to get running. He has all the parts I need and I was able to barter a few now and will send for the rest later. He also recognized the work that has been done on bike and knows the guy that did it. Based on that, he said that the motor is more than likely set up to race!

img_1681.jpg

I am not sure which direction to go with this bike yet, but the first step is to get it running then rolling down the road. After that I may see where I want to take it. Stay tuned for more!

What a great find. Best of luck to you on this classic. From shoes to bikes, no one can match the Italians for style, especially with the oldies.

Great potential and so many choices.

Full stock
1966-ducati-250-monza_600x0w.jpg

Half stock
086.jpg

Cafe
img_1094.jpg

Scrambler
75ducati250streetscrambler.jpg

Racer
1962-ducati-250.jpg

Full Fairing Racer
1965-ducati-250-gp-replic-1_600x0w.jpg

Right now I'm leaning towards Half Stock or Racer (/w optional full fairing 8) ).

Do I need to get a poll going!? ::)

I am leaning between half stock and racer as it is now. However, first things first, and that is I need to get it running...and running well. Then I'll start cleaning it up.

i think getting it running first is too logical,you should buy all kinda shiny kit for it first ! ;D
i have a 350 wide case scrambler sitting in the shop,someday i will get it running,good luck with yours !

xb33bsa said:
i think getting it running first is too logical,you should buy all kinda shiny kit for it first ! ;D
i have a 350 wide case scrambler sitting in the shop,someday i will get it running,good luck with yours !

I'd love to...but my wife does want to get the rest of the house furnished first...like that's important here. :p

And whats this about getting to it someday...where are your priorities!

Great find! They seem to be quite desirable.

I like the half stock option- one of the ones I ended up is that way and it too is a '66 square narrow 250 . . .

buckeyebike said:
Great find! They seem to be quite desirable.

I like the half stock option- one of the ones I ended up is that way and it too is a '66 square narrow 250 . . .

That one looks really nice. I'm so torn. I like the Monza look, and since I have the fenders it would make sense to go that way, but I also love the Diana rounded look as well. Decisions, decisions!

JustinLonghorn said:
Mini Duc to go with your big Duc. Righteous.

Hell ya! 8)

SOB....and I just let go of an almost entire spare bike in parts .....

Attachments

• imagejpeg_2.jpg_thumb.png
    imagejpeg_2.jpg_thumb.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,802
raoulduke said:
I would love to get my hands on one of those 250/350 singles.

I would go for the Scrambler look ;)

Thought you may appreciate one of mine- before and after- 350 Scrambler

Attachments

• 350 scrambler before.jpg
    350 scrambler before.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 432
  • 350 scrambler.jpg
    350 scrambler.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 426
  • scrambler.jpg
    scrambler.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 463
Very nice Scrambler!

You guys are killing me! I can't start on this Duc until the CB is done, the temptation is too much!

Back
Top Bottom