Benelli Enduro to Cafe Brat

Just a little flash back comparison to day one.
694e11dbc3cd85b0b204dd6273d76c75.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Did a little work to the bike this week. Rear fender, cut a ton of brackets out of the way and installed Harley sportster shocks that are 1/2" taller and adjustable spring pre load. My big o butt squashed the stock wore out shocks almost to full bump.
b2af920773df87d105d7dfd33f910dd1.jpg

TXBenelli said:
Seat pan round 2, this one with a much larger radius bend to match the new tail section bends.
f0db6efe7b2be882158b2a2ed71f5bc3.jpg

Seat pan and hoop both looking great!
What is the thickness of the seat pan?
Isn't it too thick? And how you intend to fix the upholstery to it?
These questions I ask myself in my current project, looking for others viable solutions than i have already thought about haha

flamelspy said:
Seat pan and hoop both looking great!
What is the thickness of the seat pan?
Isn't it too thick? And how you intend to fix the upholstery to it?
These questions I ask myself in my current project, looking for others viable solutions than i have already thought about haha
Seat pan is 3/16" thick. I think the foam glued to the steel and essentially a cover that slides over the seat pan and foam and laces on the bottom side. Just a thought currently.

I had thoughts of a seat material retaining clip system for my seat, which I built myself, but had pro upholstered. They used high quality glue and two pop rivets (on a fold) to hold it down, no problems.

Bike's coming together well fella.

NoRiders said:
I had thoughts of a seat material retaining clip system for my seat, which I built myself, but had pro upholstered. They used high quality glue and two pop rivets (on a fold) to hold it down, no problems.

Bike's coming together well fella.
Yeah I'm having to take a break from the bike because of work but I hope to get back on it soon. Where my job is taking me daily has an upholsterer that has done work for me before I'm going to take it to them after I get done mounting the seat pan. It's just sitting there on the frame.

Thank you I think it's gone through a lot of changes from my first ideas but getting closer to what I had in mind big picture wise.

TXBenelli said:
Yeah I'm having to take a break from the bike because of work but I hope to get back on it soon. Where my job is taking me daily has an upholsterer that has done work for me before I'm going to take it to them after I get done mounting the seat pan. It's just sitting there on the frame.

Thank you I think it's gone through a lot of changes from my first ideas but getting closer to what I had in mind big picture wise.

I reckon you could 'fix' the seat pan in place by using two C clips riveted to the pan that locate on the subframe x member, easy clip on/off.

My seat is located using two VW splitscreen door bumpers that locate in two holes in a x member plate, easy peasy :)

New cool things coming to the bike! I've got a wild idea for the seat mount. Pics and update soon.

Brand new mikuni carb is coming! It pretty much the final piece to making this thing run correctly....I hope.

Back
Top Bottom