Jenn's 1975 400F :)

Brodie said:
I wondered where that update went. Didn't it have pictures as well?
Yes. Well, sorta. The pics weren't all uploading. So I tried again and then they were all uploaded twice. And then the pics that ended up in my "update" were not bike related... but then neither was the post itself. So yeah.

I blame it on the rum. ;D

Ok so... been a while since I've updated. In the time that's passed, I've replaced the chain, remounted the rear wheel, cleaned up the fenders and pipes... no more rust! I scrubbed down the frame and engine good, changed the oil, set the points, new plugs, cleaned the carbs, and derusted my gas tank.

20130908_145747.jpg

20130908_151846.jpg

20130908_151958.jpg

Here's some of the shots from before cleaning:

20130908_172053.jpg

20130908_172113-1.jpg

20130915_003459.jpg

20130727_225113.jpg

And here's some of the post cleaning shots:
(Lighting isn't very good)

20130908_172127.jpg

20130908_180329.jpg

20130915_003512.jpg

20130915_010603.jpg

20130908_180221.jpg

I will need a new muffler.

20130915_004735-1.jpg

Clean! But of course that is what I expect from you... :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Nice work Jenn. That is one way to make sure no one uses the dud chain again.

trek97 said:
Lookin good grrrly girl.
Thanks, Eric! I thought you'd like that :)

AgentX said:
Clean! But of course that is what I expect from you... :)
I have noooo idea what you mean. :p

Brodie said:
Nice work Jenn. That is one way to make sure no one uses the dud chain again.
Let's face it... Any reason is a good reason to use an angle grinder. ;D

What size chain do you need Jenn? I've got a spare 530 O-ring chain in 100 link when I was sent the wrong length for my 750 build. It's yours if it'll work.

Jewbacca said:
What size chain do you need Jenn? I've got a spare 530 O-ring chain in 100 link when I was sent the wrong length for my 750 build. It's yours if it'll work.
530 o-ring won't clear the inside of the cases, so I have to use non o-ring. But... E might be interested in talking with you about it for his 750.

haircuttergirl said:
Ok so... been a while since I've updated.

Finally we can get on with our lives. Do you know how hard it is to turn a wrench all while thinking, "gee...I wonder how that 400 is coming along. Sure would be nice to see some pictures. Oh I can just imagine! Shined up chrome! Power washed motor! Carbs right-side up! There's a ship coming! She's firing rockets! It'll not be much longer! Oh look at them rockets! Look at them lovely rockets!"

Now I can finally take the time to comment and have my fix for...at least a few hours.

Thems shiny.

Redliner said:
Finally we can get on with our lives. Do you know how hard it is to turn a wrench all while thinking, "gee...I wonder how that 400 is coming along. Sure would be nice to see some pictures. Oh I can just imagine! Shined up chrome! Power washed motor! Carbs right-side up! There's a ship coming! She's firing rockets! It'll not be much longer! Oh look at them rockets! Look at them lovely rockets!"

Now I can finally take the time to comment and have my fix for...at least a few hours.

Thems shiny.
Haha this made me smile. What dramatic flair you have, my friend. ;D
The race is on... You done with that 350 yet? :p

Pretty soon, somebody's going to have to build a motorcycle around here.

Nice work, Jenn, that thing is polishing up really well.

Rich Ard said:
Pretty soon, somebody's going to have to build a motorcycle around here.

Nice work, Jenn, that thing is polishing up really well.
Thanks, Rich! Hopefully the next thing I'll learn how to do is bleed the brakes. :)

here this is on sale and it will do it for you no fuss no muss

http://www.harborfreight.com/brake-fluid-bleeder-92924.html

cxman said:
here this is on sale and it will do it for you no fuss no muss
http://www.harborfreight.com/brake-fluid-bleeder-92924.html
Thanks! I don't currently have one, but got the job done pretty easily. I will pick one of these up at some point though :)

Maritime said:
Nice work Jenn it is getting nice and cleaned up.
Thanks, Mike. Wish you could've seen her last weekend. She looks much improved already. :)

Wow! Where was I when all this happened? You've been busy! And if we can get this idle business sorted out you'll be rolling too. After new tires of course...

Mr.E said:
Wow! Where was I when all this happened? You've been busy! And if we can get this idle business sorted out you'll be rolling too. After new tires of course...
I can't wait! It was so fun to ride her with you today! You're the best :-*

Back
Top Bottom