yamabobber

JapRat

So I figured i'd post my Ghetto Bobber project. It's got plenty of bugs being worked out to get it road worthy. It's a 1986 xj700 Maxim.

0616001525.jpg

0616001525a.jpg

Ok... I don't know what I like best. The exhaust caps? The shifter/clutch set-up? The fuel inlet thingamajig? I dunno. I just wish I had the balls to build me something like that@

She is bad.. I had her sitting in my driveway just like in the pictures yesterday when some dude and his kid in a conv. Porsche stopped, pointed, and admired it for several min. It was interesting to see, being that there isn't much traffic on my road.

Nice job! I really like the seat execution, very clean and nicely proportioned..

yeah, it flows well.. and is still padded quite well for a hard tail.. it still pops off with the lever also haha

JapRat said:
yeah, it flows well.. and is still padded quite well for a hard tail.. it still pops off with the lever also haha

So.....why NOT run a pair of 11" shocks out back? At least "some" suspension is better than none, your kidneys will thank you. Just a thought....having ridden a rigid over a summer and needing 2 months of "recovery" at the end of the season pretty much steered me away from them. Your thoughts?

Nothing Cheapass here mate, I really dig it frankly.....just thinking that some shocks out back would make it less painful.
If you're good with it, rock on!

Back
Top Bottom