520 Chain Conversions for CB350 CL360 CB400 CB450 CB77

HandMeDownHawk said:
Do you have a kit for the '80 CB400T? I was looking for a 16/35.
I always found 17/37 better, acceleration not much different but much better chain life and cruising

crazypj said:
I always found 17/37 better, acceleration not much different but much better chain life and cruising

I ended up going with a 17/37 just wasn't able to get it in 520.

Hope this hasn't already been brought up, but is the rear 520 conversion sprocket compatible with the circlip used to retain the stock Honda sprocket? What I mean is, is the rear sprocket in MotoMadness' conversion kit the same thickness as the OEM sprocket near the center?

If it is not, has anyone had to use any spacers or washers to make it work?

o1marc said:
How about a kit for the CB500/550?

We are actually working on some for the CB500 / 550's. The CB500F and CB550 use the same front and rear sprockets so its pretty easy to have them cut. They just have to confirm the specs for the 520 sprockets.

You need the thicker section on splines on the heavier bikes or shaft and sprocket will wear pretty quick

Working on some kits for the larger CC bikes. The Larger bikes like the CB550 and 750 will most likely be around $179.99 as they need a higher tensile strength chain than the 350's etc...

MotoMadness said:
Working on some kits for the larger CC bikes. The Larger bikes like the CB550 and 750 will most likely be around $179.99 as they need a higher tensile strength chain than the 350's etc...

I am looking for a conversion kit for my '81 cb900f. Can you help me with this? :D

PM sent.

Also has anyone here ordered a colored gold 520 chain, or a colored rear sprocket?
Is it possible to use the stock OEM sprocket guard for a cl360 with a 520 sprocket?

Even the sprocket guard that attaches to the sprocket? Not the long one that goes above?

I sent you a PM yesterday about getting a gold chain, and a blue sprocket for my cl360.... price?

Also if I wanted more freeway speed at less rpm should I go up one tooth in rear?

FYI, that little round metal piece is more decorative than functional. Some say it retains the chain of it falls off the sprocket....I say is is bendable in your hand, it can't function as a guard, as it isn;t strong enough. I've seen chains come off, they drop to the axle bolt anyway. If your chain is loose enough to come off the sprocket, the problems you are having will not be remedied by a little piece of circular tin.

Mine is off, and I am not worried. There is also a guard at the front, and if your chain breaks and the sprocket drives the chain into that area, the guard is just one more piece of metal that is crushed and broken. They serve more as oil spray catchers, like fenders.

I don;t miss mine, and wouldn't bother putting that back on except for looks.

Back
Top Bottom