79' CB750K Rebirth

Ya every once in awhile I see one in the low 1K's but most are 2K and above. There nice old bikes and all but 2500 for a 35 year old bike is a bit much for me. hence the DOHC I got for 250 bucks. If your a purist you'd really want an old brit/euro bike. I don't really care, just want something cheap and different. Even the 360's are getting pricey.

Well it's been a few months with some up's and downs for the bike but its' to the point now where I'm satified till it starts to rain again :eek: . I do live in Seattle so I gotta ride when I can.

I came upon a bit of a problem after my first few rides. I had an alcohol induced moment and only tightend the intake cam drive gear bolts finger tight!!!! FUCK ME!!! I got about 1/4 mile from my house and, while idling, and turning around, the engine stalled. !>!?!? What the hell?? Crank Crank Crank....nothing. Pushed it home and spun it over. It seemed like it had no compression becuase it did.

Pulled the valve cover and found the cam drive gear hanging from the cam. LAME!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: . I couldn't beleive what I saw.

Shit pulled the head and replaced the intake valves on #'s 3 and 4. Lapped'em in and put it back together. It ran good but I was still having problems. It would cutout around 5 grand and wouldn't pull worth a damn??

Pulled the carbs and found out the carb kits I bought had different needle jets from stock. Replaced with the stock jets and went for a spin. Ok but now it cutout around 7K.

Ordered a new set of Dyna 3.0ohm coils and installed with a relay mod. connecting a B+ wire to the relay giving full battery power to the coils.

Hot damn it runs like a scalded ape. Got it back to the house and synced the carbs. Now it's nice and smooth......vroomvroomvroom..... ;D

So here it is as it sit from todays ride.
SAM_0498.jpg

SAM_0500.jpg

Hung out with the boomin' granny's JoAnnes fabric. Found this for a seat cover.

SAM_0501.jpg

Thought I'd add one of my wife with her new ride!!
1973 CL125 No rust Perfect Condition!
d62aa2ba.jpg

CHEERS!!!!
Thirsty 1

Back
Top Bottom