WTB Slim Battery Tray for 72 CB450 Build

grandavemoto

Hey guys, I'm starting to see the finish line (is there really one?) for my 72' CB450 Cafe/Brat/Rat Build, I'm looking for a battery tray similar to the Cognito ones. Unfortunately can't seem to find one for the 450. There's 550 & 750 ones but damnit if I can find one for my baby. Figured I'd reach out here, since I've gained so much knowledge about bikes and builds, I'd love to have one built or pointed to someone who can!

This is my first build, first bike, and literally first involvement with engines at all! So DTT has been huge for me, just lurking in the shadows. He was a non runner when I got it, but in decent shape. Was able to get it running and sounding great, then the tear down and cafe/brat began. Pretty much purchased new everything for this build. Even made and embroidered the new seat. Maybe I'll do a build series on it if anyone is interested, haven't taken too many pics throughout the process.

A before and somewhat current attached! Still a ton to go. Thx

*Trashed that shitty plastic headlight I initally thought would look nice also and picked up a yellow lens w cage thats pretty great...

Attachments

• 172329965495.jpg
    172329965495.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 782
  • IMG_8152.JPG
    IMG_8152.JPG
    162.6 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_8186.JPG
    IMG_8186.JPG
    160.2 KB · Views: 232
Keep up the good work!

CB450 and the CB500T are basically the same. I would reach out to Cognito to see if they can fab one up.

If you don't have your own fab tools, I would call the local high school or college metal shops and see if they can help. Just grab some cardboard, make a template of the box, and take it to them. ...and bribe with beer!

One step at a time
Rob

Hmm Thanks Rob, that gives me something to think about with the 500t; didn't realize the subframe was the same.

Can you weld? The 550 boxes from cognito can be made to fit, and weld up nicely. I know it doesn't look like it anymore but that's a 450 frame. At least the seat area is. I had to chop it a little, then clamped it centered and welded it. That'd the deep tray but either would work.

Attachments

• index-19.jpg
    index-19.jpg
    606.7 KB · Views: 212
Back
Top Bottom