www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
bikers have been wearing plaid, beards and tattoos since the late 60s early 70s... it's not new, it's not hipsters. that said, I got a lot of looks on my bike in "proper" dainese D1 gear head to toe...

as for that bike handling the power... it does, they road it at Texas speedway - you may not be aware of who Revival Cycles is... but you should check them out, they do restorations too.. the CBX is a museum piece but they refuse to have something that doesn't also function - so it was engineered to really ride and work

Museum piece you say? From the article;

This is no museum queen!

Then on the next line;

The Six can exclusively be seen at the Haas Moto Museum in Dallas, Texas between now and April 2019, when the intention is to show it off just once at the Handbuilt Motorcycle Show in Austin, Texas, over MotoGP weeken

So it's a museum piece but it isn't. As Chicken said, the thing still looks shitty and dangerous, not that I have a problem with that. I think it's great.
The only problem I have with hipsters is "they know what they got".  I have seen so many 70s honda bikes here that are in boxes, ran when torn down, no title, but they want $2k "firm, I know what these are worth". 

I think the bikes that actually have value for being what they are tend to have a higher price.  Kawasaki H1/H2, CBX, and a few others are, even unrestored, selling for more than a restored/restomod CB____ 4cylinder. 
Hey all!

I'm in the planning stages of a build with my 1984 Honda XL600.  I've wanted to do one of these for quite a while, and recently found a great deal on the XL of my dreams.  I'm really looking to flex my fingers on the metal fabrication bits for this build, which I've got a bit of experience in.  What I don't have experience in, however, is wheels in general. In my previous builds, its been just the fab, and this one's going to be a ground up build. 

Im pretty set on the 19 inch front and 18 inch rear using the Excel (takasagos maybe) rims.  I've heard great things about them and they seem like a good fit.  Now my question is, what spokes should I purchase if I'm planning on using my stock hubs?  I know that DCC has a a custom spoke service, but I would rather figure all this out myself and learn the process.  Any suggestions? 

Thanks all
Cafe Racers / Re: '77 Yamaha RD400 "Jigsaw Puzzle"
« Last post by Ryan Stecken on Today at 03:42:30 »
IN !!!
Our 4 Wheeled Contraptions / Re: 1949 Ford F-3 "old red truck"
« Last post by hooligan998 on Today at 01:39:29 »
Well slap my ass and call me Betty, I'm in.
Loungin at da club / Re: COTA
« Last post by advCo on Today at 01:21:25 »
Not this year, I went in Ď16 and it was a fun time. I think the Handbuilt show is usually the same weekend, usually a few cool things to check it there.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON
bikers have been wearing plaid, beards and tattoos since the late 60s early 70s... it's not new, it's not hipsters. that said, I got a lot of looks on my bike in "proper" dainese D1 gear head to toe...

as for that bike handling the power... it does, they road it at Texas speedway - you may not be aware of who Revival Cycles is... but you should check them out, they do restorations too.. the CBX is a museum piece but they refuse to have something that doesn't also function - so it was engineered to really ride and work

I like a lot of Revival bikes but not this one and nothing against plaid shirts or tattoos :)
Our 4 Wheeled Contraptions / Re: 1949 Ford F-3 "old red truck"
« Last post by teazer on Today at 00:48:37 »
I don't think they claim it lasts......LOL
Ninja,
Gotta call BS on that.  Maybe "hyperbole" would be a better term. It looks like they rode it at the speedway but there is no way that is rideable under any sort of "normal" riding conditions where it would be required to stop or handle.

It's a rolling art piece and that's fine for what it is. Of course, most show specials are not really rideable in the real world are they?

Word. I respect it. Just hard to see it in the light of being usable. But also, itís a CBX....not many people daily ride a CBX, so to the topic at hand I guess itís okay for this particular model to become that...?
Plus who knows, maybe this started without a complete bike at hand, just a box of parts? And if it did, refer to my 4th sentence in this reply.
Cafe Racers / Re: YZF750/1000R - The Fly
« Last post by teazer on Today at 00:46:33 »
I started drag racing at over 60, and am thinking of building another AHRMA race bike for my 70th...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10