www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

GET DTT UPDATES ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Cafe Racers / Re: 1974 CB360 - first bike/build
« Last post by huck_finn on Today at 21:48:51 »
I just added a new bullet style headlight bucket (trying to work out how to keep it off the brake line). I pulled the H4 bulb out of the light it came with and replaced it with a Native H4 from ADV Monster. I took these shots on Tuesday night before we left for my in-law's house for Thanksgiving. I noticed the light was bouncing around one my ride home - found out that the left mounting bolt worked its way out at some point on the ride. I am an idiot for not double checking how tight it was before I left.

« Last post by huck_finn on Today at 21:43:30 »
And all along the way...fun stuff like this happened.

« Last post by huck_finn on Today at 21:42:14 »
I found a couple of stock air boxes on eBay, which had the original filters.

• Broke down the filters (cut out the paper & used heat gun to soften the old glue for removal)
  • Ran the filters through electrolysis (along with a bunch of other parts over about a week) - the filters are just resting on the mesh in the photo below -
     I had already broken them down
  • I had to run my trickle charger through an old battery to push any current
  • The rust isn't 100% gone in the photos below, but I threw them back in to finish them off
  • Glued the original mesh back in and replaced with UNI foam

« Last post by huck_finn on Today at 21:30:40 »
Here is how she stood at the beginning of the Summer (2017). I had pods on it at the time because I couldn't afford new stock filters.

• I chopped down the front fender & added fork gaiters.
  • I also added inline fuel filters (DCC) and added clear fuel lines to keep an eye on what was coming through the tank.
  • I used Metal Rescue Rust Remover to clean out the tank - worked great, but my tank only had minor surface rust.
  • I applied Dry Coat Rust Preventative inside the tank and rinsed out a few times with gas.

« Last post by huck_finn on Today at 21:22:54 »
I have ridden road bikes (cycles) for years - so I really wanted to keep a tucked riding position - plus it is easier on my back. I ended up getting a new MC after  fighting with the original. The bars were also an addition. I put new pads up front, along with new brake lines, & put new shoes on the rear.

The MC is still at a pretty steep angle, but it has been stopping on a dime for the past 400 miles.

« Last post by huck_finn on Today at 21:17:25 »
The stock headers had been cut (by PO) to put on some old Yamaha mufflers. They were full of rust. I bought a few up-swept adapters from DCC and kept a few inches of pipe from the old mufflers to cobble together an exhaust. I wrapped the headers to try and disguise my Frankenstein-approach.

SELLING / Re: EarthX Ext18F Lithium Battery
« Last post by Streetfighterkz on Today at 21:13:53 »
TTT.

Later, Doug
« Last post by huck_finn on Today at 21:12:10 »
I also got a new harness from Sparck Moto - never been so excited to get a box of wires in my life.

« Last post by huck_finn on Today at 21:08:40 »
Got a new battery from Sparck Moto - the thought was to get one small enough to mount just about anywhere in any orientation. I still wasn't 100% sure on the direction I wanted to head with the bike (still not).

« Last post by huck_finn on Today at 21:06:32 »
Replaced screws on the engine with allen bolts. Nearly every screw on the bike turned to putty after trying to unscrew it all, so I got my money's worth from my screw extractor kit.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10