www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

GET DTT UPDATES ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Race Ready / Re: Farm boy’s Rattle-can Racer
« Last post by farmer92 on Today at 08:48:14 »
Great project, following along eagerly.
With regards to the CR, do you have enough parts to assemble the top end and then measure the volume at TDC? If you can you remove all the guesswork with regards to piston dome and position. Once you have done that you have an established basepoint whereby you can then go ahead and measure your combustion chamber as you have done previously then modify it to get the CR/squish that you desire.

If you knew how hard i just face palmed myself there...

The worst part is i thought of that and told myself i should do it that way, can’t remember why i didn’t.

Slap a bit of grease around the edge of the piston, put the head on, fill with oil from a syringe...

Man, i feel retarded this morning.
Race Ready / Re: Farm boy’s Rattle-can Racer
« Last post by Pete12 on Today at 08:21:34 »
Great project, following along eagerly.
With regards to the CR, do you have enough parts to assemble the top end and then measure the volume at TDC? If you can you remove all the guesswork with regards to piston dome and position. Once you have done that you have an established basepoint whereby you can then go ahead and measure your combustion chamber as you have done previously then modify it to get the CR/squish that you desire.
HELP! 1-800-CAFE-HELP / Re: CB160 speedometer ratio?
« Last post by Dave Walters on Today at 07:02:15 »
Nothing else will work, you'll need to replace it with a stock one, and by chance I am selling one in good shape...

Just jokes. I mean, I am selling one but I am sure someone will come along and let you know the ratio.

160s aren't reverse drive, however. Early CB77s were, with a different drive at the axle.

Price? Odometer mileage?
Cafe Racers / Re: FRANKENHONDA II the 1982 DOHC CB 750F2 Build
« Last post by cb250nproject on Today at 05:10:12 »
at this rate by the time I'm finished I may be too old to get a leg over it
damn Shortround! that some nice work. do you have more pictures?
Im looking for a video of maybe Thor from SeeSee coffee, where three guys build like scrambler type motos and race through the forest/fire roads. There are following drone shots. I thought it was "The Build" but it doesn't have near enough riding footage.
Politics / Religion / Debates / Re: Kartoon Korner!
« Last post by stroker crazy on Feb 20, 2018, 23:54:26 »
Cartoonist Pia Guerra:
Cafe Racers / Re: FRANKENHONDA II the 1982 DOHC CB 750F2 Build
« Last post by CrabsAndCylinders on Feb 20, 2018, 23:39:03 »
Don't forget that when cornering, the suspension is compressed a fair way -  so less lean angle available.

Plus much of the time there is a rider on top.
Loungin at da club / Re: Post a pic of your latest purchase
« Last post by CrabsAndCylinders on Feb 20, 2018, 23:33:16 »
My condolences as well, Matt.  I was devastated when my Dad passed away, I hope you are managing.

Brian
HELP! 1-800-CAFE-HELP / Re: CB160 speedometer ratio?
« Last post by carnivorous chicken on Feb 20, 2018, 23:31:25 »
Nothing else will work, you'll need to replace it with a stock one, and by chance I am selling one in good shape...

Just jokes. I mean, I am selling one but I am sure someone will come along and let you know the ratio.

160s aren't reverse drive, however. Early CB77s were, with a different drive at the axle.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10