WTB CB450 k1 Tank ('68 - '69)

brokenglass

Looking for one of these
7609_0_1_4_cb450k1_Submittedbyanony.jpg

Usable condition, preferably black.

Let me know if you've got one or know anyone who does.

Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA-Black-Bomber-CB450-D-Gas-Tank-1965-66-NOS-RARE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem41487a4c94QQitemZ280388848788QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

That ebay tank is actually a CL450, not the CB. It doesn't have the chrome panels.

It could be called both...technically these tanks were put on cb's as part of a "d kit" which dealerships were putting on the black bombers that were sitting on their floors and not moving. Initially people didn't like the tank on the black bombers so this tank along with higher pipes, different bars, chrome fenders and new side covers were swapped onto the cb450 k0 models.

The k1 scrambler tanks were the same shape I think with no chrome or knee rubber, just circular honda emblems, and they apparently are pretty rare.
cl450.jpg

Anyway the cb450d tank is pretty cool too, if I can pick it up for cheap enough I will. Though I think someone out there has probably been waiting years for one in that condition to pop up and is probably ready to pay a lot of money for it.

Back
Top Bottom