www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SITE? TROUBLE REGISTERING? ADMIN@DOTHETON.COM

Author Topic: Let's see your Garage / Shop  (Read 56070 times)

Offline Big Rich

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Heaven is so far away.
Let's see your Garage / Shop
« on: Nov 12, 2009, 12:36:56 »
After looking around the forum for a while I've noticed that some people have the luxury of a dedicated machine shop/garage to do their work while some others are trying to get whatever they can done outdoors. So how about a thread with pics of your "home away from home"? I'll start it out. Let me just say that growing up my family NEVER had a usable garage, if we had one it became storage space (military brat). So after my Dad retired and bought a house WITH a garage, I was stoked. Unfortunately, the doors didn't close, the concrete was too cracked to use a creeper, the roof leaked like crazy, and the garage itself was built sometime when cars were about 4' by 6' or something so there wasn't hardly any room to work. All these were major factors to me when buying a house. So here goes:

Pulling up with the realtor I actually said "we'll take it" but my wife said we should walk through the house first

Then we found out that the garage was about 800 sq ft and the house was about 1100 sq ft.

To this day my wife tells people if it wasn't for the garage, we wouldn't have bought the house. She's probably right!

Offline Chip

Re: Let's see your Garage / Shop
« Reply #1 on: Nov 15, 2009, 07:49:10 »

1972 CL175
2001 RC51

Offline mysta2

• DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #2 on: Nov 16, 2009, 03:45:35 »
I like this thread

Back when I was in college in Seattle I was living in a rented house in which we had a single bay downstairs with an adjacent bedroom and laundry/rec room... I didn't go upstairs much:

This is the best pic that I've got of the old place:

I think you should be able to tell by the cinder block and discarded door shelving that it was rough, and lighting was non existent.

Then when I moved to Texas I was ecstatic to learn that some apartments come with garages:

Not a big improvement in space, but I now had some income so I made sure to get it lit up properly.

Second apartment, this time on the second floor, but with a staircase directly into my garage:

that was cool. Still single bay, but:

with a cool little storage cubby space.

Followed by the 6 month dark period without a space:

Moved in with my girlfriend to live out her lease before we bought a house together...

...to where I am now:

Now if I could just get those cars out of the way I could have some room to work :)
« Last Edit: Nov 16, 2009, 03:51:01 by mysta2 »

Offline Big Rich

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Heaven is so far away.
« Reply #3 on: Nov 16, 2009, 09:13:44 »
Mysta2, that's a nice evolution of garage spaces!

Offline charlesskelter

« Reply #4 on: Nov 17, 2009, 15:01:20 »
Nice Ranchero and MR2! I miss my first gens a lot.

There's my garage. I gave my roommate the master bedroom for the garage. Heh, still no damn room.

Parked outside are my Valiant and Civic, and my Rambler is still being stored off at a lot a guy uses to park cars for his used car dealership.
If you've cut it and added a hardtail it's a chopper, NOT a bobber.

02 EX250, 97 GSX600F, 76 CB750F, 71 CB175

Offline Swagger

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Putting boot to ass since 1967!
« Reply #5 on: Nov 18, 2009, 12:03:43 »
Hey Chip, we have some of the same artwork. I have those two vintage race posters, matted the same too!
« Last Edit: Dec 19, 2009, 17:49:37 by Swagger »
.....there's no way that little rice cooker is going 100m/h when the work need to get up to those speeds includes a big fuck off fairing shaped like a giant cock. ~Staffy

Weiner tetanus is nothing to scoff at. ~JustinLonghorn

Offline Represto

« Reply #6 on: Dec 14, 2009, 21:03:29 »
I moved in with chickie in July.  Our new place is huge...but no garage and she won't let me wheel my bike into the living room.  Mysta, you've got a realllll special lady there.

Offline Disco

« Reply #7 on: Dec 17, 2009, 06:17:47 »
I moved in with chickie in July.  Our new place is huge...but no garage and she won't let me wheel my bike into the living room.  Mysta, you've got a realllll special lady there.

HE  know where to put his foot down
The Constitution means everything and then it means nothing.

Offline Ease

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • 83 XJ650RK, 77 TS-250
« Reply #8 on: Dec 17, 2009, 15:29:59 »
Before:

During the reno:

Doors added (a bit tight in there):

Most recent picture:

Offline Big Rich

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Heaven is so far away.
« Reply #9 on: Dec 20, 2009, 09:15:19 »
I found this pic on another forum - I guess a friend of the photographer's added on to his garage so everybody's bikes would have a home every winter! Talk about above and beyond!!

:o