www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

GET DTT UPDATES ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER

Author Topic: Let's see your Garage / Shop  (Read 51567 times)

Offline JRK5892

• The Powder Pro
Re: Let's see your Garage / Shop
« Reply #15 on: Dec 22, 2009, 12:20:50 »

here is mine...I converted my attic to more storage, i pull down the ladder and i have shelving up there to help me stay organized and keep all the parts in need, i also have a 1 car barn in back with the lawn mower, 3 bikes, etc... THE VERY BEST THING YOU CAN DO IN YOUR GARAGE IS CARPET IT... NO JOKE, THE BEST! keeps it cooler in the summer, warmer in the winter, and an old vacume will get you all cleaned up! i love mine! It is all insulated, heated, has a full spray booth, polishing station, outlets every 6 ft along the wall and 3 on the ceiling.  it is ok, gets the job done

with any luck our new shop building will be completed next month and the wife can actually park in the garage and i do not have insure it as a shop anymore!!!

Joe
"your life is an occasion, Stand up to it"
www.thepowderpro.com

recent builds: Hd street bob, TX cafe, KZ bratt, Goldwing tour, bratt wing, st fighter, road king, vriago bobber, chop, FXD, 1200 sporty, 1200xl sporty, GSXR, Royal enfield.. and more

Offline Flugtechnik

• My bike is not transportation, it is a respite
    • Nixon and Me
« Reply #16 on: Dec 22, 2009, 12:24:03 »
My garage is carpeted too.  I love it, except for once when I spilled a bunch of oil on it.  Used a whole bottle of degreaser and a roll of paper towels and it's still a mess.

Offline chris73cb175

« Reply #17 on: Dec 29, 2009, 15:26:48 »
here is my little garage. it will never fit a car i don't even think a mini can fit but i love it.

when i first moved in.

a few months later. i have some cleaning to do most of it isn't even mine i have to sub lease haha to neighbors so i could afford the garage.

Offline VonYinzer

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #18 on: Dec 29, 2009, 15:48:49 »
Found an old pic of the garage. Since built a large workbench, added a smaller work table, welder and some other bits. Ill get a new pic next time im there. The big fella in the corner is my buddy Matt. Its his garage, and hes building a sweet xs500 that Im going to be doing a vintage Yamaha racer paint job on ala Kenny Roberts.
The faces of the damned
And all the butchered lambs
If I had to do it over
I just would've done it slower

cb750dude

« Reply #19 on: Dec 31, 2009, 10:37:04 »
Well I dont have a garage yet,But here is my storage.

Offline Swagger

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Putting boot to ass since 1967!
« Reply #20 on: Dec 31, 2009, 12:08:49 »
'29-'30 A-bone?
.....there's no way that little rice cooker is going 100m/h when the work need to get up to those speeds includes a big fuck off fairing shaped like a giant cock. ~Staffy

Weiner tetanus is nothing to scoff at. ~JustinLonghorn

cb750dude

« Reply #21 on: Dec 31, 2009, 12:30:26 »
'29-'30 A-bone?

31 A truck cab, late 20s cowl,bed??? 1966 mustang 289

Offline Swagger

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Putting boot to ass since 1967!
« Reply #22 on: Dec 31, 2009, 12:31:30 »
'31! Looks badass m,an, love the old rods!
.....there's no way that little rice cooker is going 100m/h when the work need to get up to those speeds includes a big fuck off fairing shaped like a giant cock. ~Staffy

Weiner tetanus is nothing to scoff at. ~JustinLonghorn

Offline Druro

• Noel... stay outta my profile... wanker.
« Reply #23 on: Jan 01, 2010, 00:07:35 »
Here is a couple pictures of my shanty...

Outside:

Inside when I got the place:

Now:

The side room...

Newest Toy:

And yes... i bought a garage, that came with a house.

Offline Curbcast

• http://fablebodied.tumblr.com/
« Reply #24 on: Jan 01, 2010, 00:23:55 »
Beauty space!  Can I have the 450 tank?

Offline tWistedWheelz

• BUILT NOT BOUGHT!
« Reply #25 on: Jan 02, 2010, 21:10:54 »
Well the place that I currently reside does not have a garage. :( But it does have a small prefab building in the back yard that was used as a sewing/storage room by the previous owner. I have converted into what I feel is a pretty good work shop with all things considered. It is small, 15ft X 10ft with only one small window and one standard size door, but it does have heat and A/C! Even though it is small I organized well to try and cut down on clutter! Enough babbling, here it is!

From the outside you would never suspect the mayhem inside!

Some shots creating a panoramic view around the inside

The work bench

Pegboard organization

Soon my newest bike purchase will be in there and a standing drill press!

Offline Big Rich

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Heaven is so far away.
« Reply #26 on: Jan 03, 2010, 08:48:42 »
Twisted - that is actually a sweet little spot you have. It would be real easy to have 2 people work for a couple hours and pounding beers the whole time.

And JRK, about that carpeting..... whenever we moved into our house I somehow "inherited" my sister-in-laws 5' by 7' rug. The thing was hideous to me so I plopped it down in the garage by the couch and beer fridge.  Soon as my wife saw it all I heard was "Are you crazy? That's an Eddie Bauer rug! You'll ruin it in here!!". Didn't wanna tell her but that was the whole point.

Offline sharperdill

« Reply #27 on: Jan 03, 2010, 09:09:14 »
That is a good shop.  I remember working out of a 8 x 12 and it wasn't bad.  Its easier to keep what you absolutely need and get rid of what you don't.  I like the way you have your stuff very well organized on the wall.  A place for everything and everything in its place.  It really is amazing how much more a guy can get done when he isn't looking for lost, misplaced, or buying/shopping for items that he already has on a shelf somewhere.

Offline JRK5892

• The Powder Pro
« Reply #28 on: Jan 05, 2010, 11:52:37 »
Druro you win!
Joe
"your life is an occasion, Stand up to it"
www.thepowderpro.com

recent builds: Hd street bob, TX cafe, KZ bratt, Goldwing tour, bratt wing, st fighter, road king, vriago bobber, chop, FXD, 1200 sporty, 1200xl sporty, GSXR, Royal enfield.. and more

Offline tWistedWheelz

• BUILT NOT BOUGHT!
« Reply #29 on: Jan 05, 2010, 12:33:37 »
Druro you win!
Agreed! I bow to you superiority! My place looks like a bakery in comparison to most of you guys work spaces! I will not let that effect my build though! I just got this place looking this way, as you can tell there is no oil and grime on the work bench. I have had several shops in the past (at my parents house then my own garage) and I know it won't take long to break it in.
« Last Edit: Jan 06, 2010, 00:46:04 by tWistedWheelz »