www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: Let's see your Garage / Shop  (Read 51568 times)

Offline Druro

• Noel... stay outta my profile... wanker.
Re: Let's see your Garage / Shop
« Reply #30 on: Jan 05, 2010, 21:15:15 »
Thanks Guys.... took me far longer then I figured to get it to that state.  The only downside is I can't really work on a car and bikes at the same time (can fit car... just not the bikes).

Maybe next time....

Offline justahunk

• erikmcarthur.com
« Reply #31 on: Jan 12, 2010, 16:47:21 »
no garage for me yet. have my project split between my my dad's garage (probably my favorite place in the world) and my uncle's garage, which with 5000sq ft, every tool you could ever think of, three car lifts, too many cars, and all his toys, is a totally different place.

my dad's garage has floor to ceiling knotty pine and is CLASSIC! when bike parts aren't covering the floor the ping pong table is. 

Offline Curbcast

• http://fablebodied.tumblr.com/
« Reply #32 on: Jan 12, 2010, 17:34:42 »
That spot looks great emu.  Very vintage feeling.  Perfect for working on old bikes!

Offline justahunk

• erikmcarthur.com
« Reply #33 on: Jan 12, 2010, 18:53:43 »
the ambiance and good vibes definitely flow through to the wrenching.   

Offline Darmstro

« Reply #34 on: Jan 15, 2010, 22:31:45 »
Over the past year...If you make it to the end you can see the bikes progress from start to now. 

You can see how bare that corner was before I got into the bike project

Built my little 4x2 bench

After last nights declutter, added the pegboard to my other bench, mounted my grinder to the bench, general reorganization.  There`s a shelf behind the towel that holds my buffer, welder, drill case, etc...  I also mounted a little flourescent light to the top right corner of the peg poard for more light, plus the little snake light attached to the grinder.  Used an old shower curtain rod between the front of two post to hang randon [shizzle] on, like bungee cords, and that towel, lol.  I actually spent about 7 hours out there last night messing around, and managed to do ZERO work on the bike.

And the other corner (our garage is called a 1 1/2 because of the door set-up but it's a full 2 car plus).

...and I made $40 at the scrap metal place getting rid of all the useless bike and car parts I've been hoarding over the past couple years today.  410 lbs of useless [shizzle] not taking up valuable work space anymore.
XS500 Hodge Podge

Offline tWistedWheelz

• BUILT NOT BOUGHT!
« Reply #35 on: Aug 29, 2010, 23:47:07 »
Well cats, stage one of my three stage "Garage to Bike Shop" convertion is almost complete! All I have to do is plumb the sink and stage one is done. Most of you may remember my little shop from my old place.....well no more! I love my garage! Check it and let me know what you think.

Later stages will bring in the big shop tools and better lighting when I run a new breaker box for the welder and compressor!

Offline VonYinzer

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #36 on: Aug 30, 2010, 11:01:00 »
Lucky asshole. Nice shop man!
The faces of the damned
And all the butchered lambs
If I had to do it over
I just would've done it slower

Offline JustinLonghorn

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • No Purple Hearts, No Blue Ribbons
« Reply #37 on: Aug 30, 2010, 11:01:54 »
Color me Jealous, B.
I'm going to eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

Into The Sunset, CB750 build

TT500 the Animal

Offline JRK5892

• The Powder Pro
« Reply #38 on: Aug 30, 2010, 20:49:11 »
i dig the rolley round wiht the peg board! great idea!!!!
Joe
"your life is an occasion, Stand up to it"
www.thepowderpro.com

recent builds: Hd street bob, TX cafe, KZ bratt, Goldwing tour, bratt wing, st fighter, road king, vriago bobber, chop, FXD, 1200 sporty, 1200xl sporty, GSXR, Royal enfield.. and more

Offline t71ford

« Reply #39 on: Aug 31, 2010, 01:40:22 »
I built this last summer:

It actually houses my cages (my SuperDuty and the Wife's Expedition), as well as the bikes and sleds. I built it too small, though, since it is only about 800 sq. ft.  I don't really do much for work here, though. When I became the service manager at the tractor dealership where I work, the owner told me that it was my shop. I have free run of the place for all of my toys; my bikes and sleds live there in season. It is pretty rad having the full welding bay, wash bay, paint room, hoists, lifts, and all of my personal tools there. My garage just houses the stuff at my house now! ;D
Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles….Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Rocan

• "Long after I rest, my steel will live on"
« Reply #40 on: Sep 03, 2010, 22:59:34 »
i dig the rolley round wiht the peg board! great idea!!!!

diddo! greattt garage, im very jealous.

my dream, have a garage. dumb fucking city...
PJ- Cafe's don't really work right until you get rolling 70mph +

Honda CB350 Project- www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=8643.0

Honda C100 Restoration- www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=38653.0

Offline Midcoastcustoms

• "Live life like the captain of a sinking ship"
« Reply #41 on: Sep 04, 2010, 02:50:35 »
Man i need to get some pics of the shop up.  I built it with my father when i was a young pup.  It has served me well over the year learned many ways how not to do things  :).  It's 20x24 as that is the biggest the city would allow.  Best advice is storage is key and keep stocked up on supplies.  For instance i have sand paper 40-2000+ sheet and DA stocked, i buy it in bulk from a local supplier.  Oil, coolant, ect.  If you know you will use it by it on sale and stock up...really saves time and money in the long run.
« Last Edit: Sep 04, 2010, 02:53:41 by Midcoastcustoms »

Offline Rocan

• "Long after I rest, my steel will live on"
« Reply #42 on: Sep 04, 2010, 03:54:46 »
Man i need to get some pics of the shop up.  I built it with my father when i was a young pup.  It has served me well over the year learned many ways how not to do things  :).  It's 20x24 as that is the biggest the city would allow.  Best advice is storage is key and keep stocked up on supplies.  For instance i have sand paper 40-2000+ sheet and DA stocked, i buy it in bulk from a local supplier.  Oil, coolant, ect.  If you know you will use it by it on sale and stock up...really saves time and money in the long run.

if only i had the space for it all!

one day...

maybe i should just buy like 50 motorcycles to "stock up"?

;)
PJ- Cafe's don't really work right until you get rolling 70mph +

Honda CB350 Project- www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=8643.0

Honda C100 Restoration- www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=38653.0

Offline Tscat01

« Reply #43 on: Nov 29, 2010, 01:42:00 »
Space for now  ;D
1975 Honda CB750 Cafe build...too long in the making
1977 Kawasaki KZ400 Street Tracker "Colonel Mud"

Offline mysta2

• DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #44 on: Nov 29, 2010, 18:21:10 »
Hey, better than nothin, nice use of resources. About as well insulated as my own garage too :(