www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: Let's see your Garage / Shop  (Read 60232 times)

Offline Dale

• [B]Moto Guzzi V50II Detailed Cafe Build Diary [/B]
Re: Let's see your Garage / Shop
« Reply #50 on: Jan 17, 2011, 11:44:59 »
Well this is where I spend a lot of quality time. Fairly unorganised. But, during December, I did some work cleaning it up, throwing out crap that had been in there for years, and trying to make a more methodical working environment.

BEFORE pics:

These dirty little bastards are as responsible as I am for making a mess in here.

Started cleaning stuff up:

And then my dad gave me this old cabinet (which he made in the 60's) from his workshop, which I fixed up, and it gave me the inspiration to get the rest of the garage right.

And this is kinda how it is now, just a bit more messy.

« Last Edit: Jan 18, 2011, 04:08:16 by Dale »

Offline jmj166

« Reply #51 on: Jan 17, 2011, 12:13:52 »
i just graduated college, so i currently live on the second floor of a pretty small apt. So i don't have a garage, but this is my current work space/garage/kitchen....

I had 2 of my friends help me carry it up the stairs, wish i would've got a picture of this happening  :P

and the corner you cant see in the picture...

obviously not as nice as anyone elses work room or garage, but after only being able to work on the bike for 30 minutes after work before it got to dark or was just to cold to continue, i got fed up with getting nothing done for months...so i figured...i'll just put it in my kitchen  ;D

hopefully will be getting a bigger place with an ACTUAL garage so i can fit all my toys

Offline justahunk

• erikmcarthur.com
« Reply #52 on: Jan 17, 2011, 12:39:59 »

detail of my father's garage.

My 350 and my brother's 175 in various states of disrepair.

Offline Dale

« Reply #53 on: Jan 17, 2011, 15:16:35 »
Very cool pics emcarthu. The black and white one looks vintage with the old radio and all.  :)  I see its still there in the second photo, so Im assuming the first pic isnt as old as you first think right? Really nice.

Offline justahunk

• erikmcarthur.com
« Reply #54 on: Jan 17, 2011, 16:32:12 »
Very cool pics emcarthu. The black and white one looks vintage with the old radio and all.  :)  I see its still there in the second photo, so Im assuming the first pic isnt as old as you first think right? Really nice.
[/quote ]

thanks! yeah the b&w one is more recent than the other actually.

Offline LOCKARD666

• Keep 'er 'tween tha ditches!
« Reply #55 on: Jan 17, 2011, 17:31:28 »
i just graduated college, so i currently live on the second floor of a pretty small apt. So i don't have a garage, but this is my current work space/garage/kitchen....

I had 2 of my friends help me carry it up the stairs, wish i would've got a picture of this happening  :P

and the corner you cant see in the picture...

obviously not as nice as anyone elses work room or garage, but after only being able to work on the bike for 30 minutes after work before it got to dark or was just to cold to continue, i got fed up with getting nothing done for months...so i figured...i'll just put it in my kitchen  ;D

hopefully will be getting a bigger place with an ACTUAL garage so i can fit all my toys

dedication!... i love it!
It's better to wake up dead, than not wake up at all.

Offline Dale

« Reply #56 on: Jan 18, 2011, 04:03:20 »
thanks! yeah the b&w one is more recent than the other actually.

:-) Cool.

Offline redlinedave

« Reply #57 on: Jan 18, 2011, 11:31:15 »
Sadly I have no garage, but i do have a walkout basement that I use.
Panarchy!

low I.Q.  high Octane

Offline Tim

• Administrator
  • DTT SUPPORTER
    • DO THE TON
« Reply #58 on: Jan 18, 2011, 16:29:58 »
Walkout basement workshop FTW - I wish!  Would be great to have something 'in' the house with access to heat, plumbing etc. (and pancakes).
"Quality . . . you know what it is, yet you don't know what it is. But that's self-contradictory. But some things are better than others, that is, they have more quality. But when you try to say what the quality is, apart from the things that have it, it all goes poof! There's nothing to talk about. But if you can't say what Quality is, how do you know what it is, or how do you know that it even exists? If no one knows what it is, then for all practical purposes it doesn't exist at all. But for all practical purposes it really does exist."

Offline cdiver666

« Reply #59 on: Mar 02, 2011, 19:32:12 »
Here's what I got right now:

Only the right hand bay. And all the junk that was there before. I got my car out of there now and have some room to work with. I'm living at home. My dad and his girlfriend however are getting a house. Our family has 4 kids, theirs 5.  :o  Needless to say I will be spending most of the time in the 60x40' garage!

1980 KZ650
http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=22954.0

I don't think it's a case of looking down on people that buy so much as looking up to people who build.