Badges on leather jacket sew or iron on??

cb750 cafebhoy

My cb750 cafe project with vintage rickman fairing
Hey guy's ive just picked up some badges at the ace cafe last weekend and would like to get them on my jacket asap they have glue on the back, do i still need them sewed on i know that would prob be better but ,has anyone just ironed on with wet towel over badge to protect leather or is that not a good idea
thanx
jimmy O
st catharines

Yup, sew them. To be more precise, have your local shoe repair shop do it. My local little old lady does it for about $5 a patch. Very important!!! If the patches are any where near any pockets, make sure you let the little old lady know you still want the pockets to work. If your going to do it your self, go buy nylon thread. The tannon from the leather will eat cotton thread and you'll be doing it again in a few months. Or you could rivit them on. I buy those ghey ass belts that the emo kids wear and pull the studs out to use on my jacket.

+1 on the sewing...

Actually... what looks very cool is Represto hand sews them using white dental-floss & it looks so fucking cool!!...
When its done nice and evenly between the stitches, it really looks amazing..

Im gonna try it out on a jacket that I have..

locO leoN said:
+1 on the sewing...

Actually... what looks very cool is Represto hand sews them using white dental-floss & it looks so fucking cool!!...
When its done nice and evenly between the stitches, it really looks amazing..

Im gonna try it out on a jacket that I have..
represto? who's that leon??

That's me!

IMG_9288.jpg

Go to your local fabric store and get leather needles. They have a triangular tip and glide through the leather like butter...and don't rip it like regular needles.

Represto, everything I've read regarding sewing patches onto leather jackets states that you should only sew through the leather, and not the lining. They state that it can effect the way the jacket fits...how did you get around this? did you just sew through the interior lining, or did you figure out a way to not go through it.

Let me know, thanks!!!

I stitched it through the liner. No issues over here on my end. You'll see that the top corner of the badge started to puff up a bit, that was a bit of a bitch.

Kids, make sure the patch is straight and flat through out sewing. Or you can do it like Loco and purposely stitch it on tilted...so that it's straight when you're in riding position!

Represto said:
Or you can do it like Loco and purposely stitch it on tilted...so that it's straight when you're in riding position!

yeah.... cool....I didnt think anyone noticed ;D.

I just stitch it right through the liner... I just make sure that the liner is flat/straight over where you are gonna sew the patch... Ive never had a problem...ever..

so can anybody on here just buy a Do The Ton patch? Or do I have to earn it? I dont want to look like a poser and just slap shit on my jacket like a 59club or an ace cafe patch, im not a member of any clubs, But I am a member here and would put a patch on my jacket promoting the forum.

cb750dude said:
so can anybody on here just buy a Do The Ton patch? Or do I have to earn it? I dont want to look like a poser and just slap shit on my jacket like a 59club or an ace cafe patch, im not a member of any clubs, But I am a member here and would put a patch on my jacket promoting the forum.

yea.. just PM Tim and he can send you a patch...
The only real requirement is that you are a member of this forum... (That + you have to paypal me $1000 each month... ;D )

locO leoN said:
yea.. just PM Tim and he can send you a patch...
The only real requirement is that you are a member of this forum... (That + you have to paypal me $1000 each month... ;D )

Oh man, I dont know? thats a little rich for my blood!! will ya cut me a deal and go say, 850.99 a month?
And who is Tim?
Thanks for the info lol

cb750dude said:
Oh man, I dont know? thats a little rich for my blood!! will ya cut me a deal and go say, 850.99 a month?
And who is Tim?
Thanks for the info lol

hahahah... Tim is the other admin/co-founder... he has all the patch inventory..

ya know... depending on where you are, you may want to get a Regional patch as well...

locO leoN said:
hahahah... Tim is the other admin/co-founder... he has all the patch inventory..

ya know... depending on where you are, you may want to get a Regional patch as well...

Thanks I PM'd Tim, I live in Northen Indiana,USA, He gave me the info to get a patch, Ill be ordering one ASAP!!

Thanks GUYS!!!!!

Find some folks near ya on the board here and come up with a cool regional patch cb750!
http://dotheton.com/index.php?topic=10221.0

Im starting to think me and my buddy are the only TWO in northern Indiana,Im still waiting on him to get his ass on here. To bad Im an hour and a half outside Chicago. Looks like ther are alota cool cats in Chicago

can someone pm me the png file of the basic do the ton patch? i want to make an los angeles one. or is there one already? i had a sweet idea for one if not!

BArTY said:
can someone pm me the png file of the basic do the ton patch? i want to make an los angeles one. or is there one already? i had a sweet idea for one if not!

Sure.. send me an email and I"ll send you the original file and the font: locoleon@rogers.com

Back
Top Bottom