WTB: Honda low CC ish ~ Ontario

nzr-trk1

Well I'm looking for a project bike, something that can be made into a cafe racer without feeling any guilt, I'm looking for lower CC's (160, 175) for cheaper insurance, but nothing too low that I can't take it on faster roads. While I'd prefer a Honda (did a bunch of research, got manuals and such together) I would of course consider an alternative, not looking to spend too much, I'm located in Toronto, Ontario.

Check Craigslist Toronto. I saw an ad for a CB350 for about $900 a few days ago. Running but needs battery.

Re: WTB: low CC Japanese Bike ~ Ontario

Yeah, I've seen that one, sadly insurance would still be a bit high (I'm under 25, for a CB175 I was quoted about $1400 for the first year)

Still looking for other bikes

Ive got a mint 75cb200

$1200. I can bring it as far as missisauga once new years hits.

Needs that damn front brake caliper. I have the og, but its seized. Seen for $35 on ebay.

Re: WTB: low CC Japanese Bike ~ Ontario

nzr-trk1 said:
Yeah, I've seen that one, sadly insurance would still be a bit high (I'm under 25, for a CB175 I was quoted about $1400 for the first year)

Still looking for other bikes

That's crazy, it shouldn't be anywhere near that, even for a first time rider. Were you quoted a Jevco policy?

dude call baird mcgregor. you should only be paying around $600 for the year with them. Or call motoretta and get their insurance guys number. He quoted me at $800 for my first bike. Then you can buy my 74cb360 for $900. The ad is up in the selling page.

I was qouted the same. That was jevco. I got the qoute for cb200. $1400. Im 25 now (24 @ qoute time) driving a car since 16 with no accidents or tickets. Driving a moped since 17..no accidents no tickets

Thats such a rip off. No payment plan offered either.

Curbcast said:
I was qouted the same. That was jevco. I got the qoute for cb200. $1400. Im 25 now (24 @ qoute time) driving a car since 16 with no accidents or tickets. Driving a moped since 17..no accidents no tickets

Thats such a rip off. No payment plan offered either.

But have you ever been insured under your own name?

I've e-mailed Baird McGreggor, too busy to call atm, I'll see what they say. You've got a nice bike too, hopefully if I can get a decent insurance rate I'll be able to buy something a bit higher CC wise, a lot easier to find around here.

EDIT: E-mailed em', they told me that the only insurance company they have for motorcycle is Jevco, same rate..

I don't have either atm, my plan was to get my M1 60 days before the M2 course in March, do that and then wait a year to get the $1400 from Jevco.

So if your plan is to do that then why are you worrying about insuring a bike now? You can still buy a project to work on in the meantime and if the insurance is too high when you're ready to ride then flip it make some coin and buy something in a lower insurance bracket. But in all honesty if you stick to the plan you have of getting the m1 (book the course now it fills up fast) then getting your m2 in march you should get a quote under $1000.

That still doesn't sound right to me. Regardless, I am so glad I don't need to go through this anymore.

deathcult said:
So if your plan is to do that then why are you worrying about insuring a bike now? You can still buy a project to work on in the meantime and if the insurance is too high when you're ready to ride then flip it make some coin and buy something in a lower insurance bracket. But in all honesty if you stick to the plan you have of getting the m1 (book the course now it fills up fast) then getting your m2 in march you should get a quote under $1000.

I've already e-mailed RTI, gonna' call and book today, but I'm worrying about this now because I don't really want to spend a year working on a bike, only to have a crappy insurance rate basically forcing me to drop it and get something else. I got my $1400 with Jevco quote after talking to a lot of brokers, a lot of insurance representatives, they're all telling me roughly the same thing, that for now, Jevco would be my best bet, other companies would insure me without needing to have held my license for a year, but would be charging me a lot more. So I'm basically being 'forced' into the whole one year thing, I'd really like to have rode this summer, if possible, but either way, this gives me a long time to work on whatever bike I decide on, I guess.

You tried State farm, we've got our bikes on there it's about $30 bucks a month, mind you we're mid-thirties had our liscence for 5 years and all of our insurance is through them.

Saw a toronto cb360 for 750 bucks on kijiji

Jay

as for right now don't worry about insurance. The rates change all the time. Get a bike (not necessarily mine, although you're welcome to buy it ;D) work on it learn what you can from it and have fun doing it. If you can't afford the insurance when it comes time to ride flip it for profit. Half the fun of owning a bike is working on it/getting it how you want.

Just a idea, could you get some sort of on/off road bike without insurance? Maybe keep it off the streets until the rates drop a little bit.

Well $1400 for the first year a year from now is fine for me, no matter what you'll be paying up the ass on your first vehicle here.

Back
Top Bottom