anyone heard of joe rocket?

Joe Rocket is good quality gear. Might not command the premium of some other brands, but their stuff is good.

I'll second them as being decent gear. I've had their 'UFO' armoured mesh jacket for a month or so now and couldn't be happier. Decently priced, looks good (IMO), and has good protection if you have a stack. Plus it keeps you cool when its hot.

- boingk

VonYinzer said:
Awww... C'mon J. Your vintage stuff was new once too... ;)

True, but JR is just another cookie-cutter brand. Substitute with HJC, Teknic, Alpinestar etc. and it's all pretty much the same stuff.

Ya, your right. But for the price hes looking at its a good quality, decent looking jacket, that will keep his skin where its supposed to be...

DrJ said:
True, but JR is just another cookie-cutter brand. Substitute with HJC, Teknic, Alpinestar etc. and it's all pretty much the same stuff.

ya, i understand its not (vintage= awesome!) but i'm looking for newer technology, with the most safety, while still trying to get the old school look. just wondering on the quality of JR so i know if im getting decent protection. i like the shoulder, elbow, and spinal protection this jacket offers, and the design is pretty trick with the HONDA on front and back. but ya, vintage is much cooler for sure. ;)

I've got a JR Pheonix 5.0. Mesh/textile. Excellent quality. The two layer full water proof liner allowed me to wear it down into the 50s this fall. I also purchased their zip in fleece vest, which can be reveresed and worn on it's own as a vest. I shopped a lot of the other generic brands and found theirs to be the most flexible for use, and generally a little better quality. Remeber-you should always dress for the same season-fall. As for the vintage stuff, ya, it looks great, but wait until those seams start splitting as you slide down the road, and you've hammered your elbows/shoulders into the tarmac with out the benifit of modern padding. Everything has a useful life span. ;)

When it comes to purchasing, make sure you check out www.newenough.com

I bought a PowerTrip TT textile from them, $70 delivered!

My .02, Matt

+1. I have a Joe Rocket Sonic 2.0 for the same reasons you stated. I love the thing. It has a nice pseudo vintage look, but the modern protection. And that price you found is a good one. I wouldn't feel bad about buying that one at all.

My jacket:
JR11.jpg

Here's what I got. Cheap, comfy, and understated.
206_Reactor_2_0_Jacket.jpg

I've also got a pair of JR gloves that I love. For the price this stuff is awesome.

I would say they are good quality for the $$. I got mine off ebay for 45.00, Joe rocket mesh phoenix 5.0?? I think, its red, mesh fits well and has all the armour. It is awsome in the heat as the wind blows right through but my skin will be there should I crash. that being said, it is crash once and throw away gear. I have joe gloves I got on clearance as well for like 20 regular 100 bucks. They don't match but are good armoured leather etc. Someday when I have any $$ I will get nicer matching gear, but for now, I am safe on a tight ass budget.

Cheers,

nice, thanks for all the replies. i went ahead and bought the jacket, its shipping fast, already will be here by tomorrow. cant wait to try it on and toss a DTT patch on the sleeve ;)

I like my JR Atomic 2.0 jacket a lot. They changed styles within the last few years but I managed to track down the style I wanted in the color and size, locally! I wanted this jacket since '02 but couldn't afford it. I finally found it on closeout for $100. Got the matching gloves for 50% off too.

Back
Top Bottom