Post a pic of your latest purchase

Just bought these :)

203b2eeba0f307e815bbc5fe545f84d7.png

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Sonreir™ said:
New computer controlled wire cutter and stripper. 30km of wire per hour.

This thing is badass.
Should make your harnesses go much faster.
Can you program lengths and strip length etc?

SONIC. said:
This thing is badass.
Should make your harnesses go much faster.
Can you program lengths and strip length etc?

Yup.

It will even strip wire mid-length in case I need to splice halfway through a run.

Tim said:
Yup - wife and daughter decided last night they want to go so plane and hotel booked!
Did they move the date of the festival to early October?

DesmoDog said:
That bike is what, mid '60s? I don't see how that qualifies it as a "very early" Huffy or cruiser.

Until someone shows me a picture of the '60s Schwinn cruiser with the dropouts crimped to the frame, the kickstand bolted on, a fork remotely similar to that, 26" rims that aren't S6's, and a whole lot of other low end components, I'm not buying it.

I don't mean to flame but I worked in Schwinn shops for about 10 years back in the '70s and '80s. That bike screams Huffy to me, not Schwinn. I could be wrong here, I'm sure someone will come up with a picture of it's Schwinn twin if I am. (Though even then it will still be a Huffy Eldorado.)

You might be taking this a little too personally; I'm just repeating the information I was given. I just thought it was a cool, all original vintage cruiser that I am going to turn into a motorized bicycle for my girl.
When Schwinn went bankrupt (about 40 years after that bike was built) I heard Huffy was going to buy the bicycle part of the business, I wonder if that's where the "leftover Schwinn" story came from???

irk miller said:
It's a very cool vintage cruiser- Huffy or not.

Thanks Man, that's what I thought. All the information I have on it is what was given to me. It's all original, going to put a motorized bike kit in it for my girl to buzz around town on.

Luugo86 said:
Those straight 6's just do not die man. What year is your XJ?
It's a 99 Cherokee Sport. Year before they went to the shit heads that cracked all the time.

J-Rod10 said:
It's a 99 Cherokee Sport. Year before they went to the shit heads that cracked all the time.
It's the 0331 head. And production started using them late 1999. They replaced them in 01 with the TUPY heads (Wrangler and Grand Cherokee). You can tell which is which by the coil on plugs. No plug wires- you have the 0331. That said, it isn't shit to replace them. So, if a deals to be had I wouldn't shy away. We ran 331k miles on one without issue. My WJ runs the 4.7 V8. They'll take on a Hemi Ram in the 1/8 mile, no problem.

irk miller said:
It's the 0331 head. And production started using them late 1999. They replaced them in 01 with the TUPY heads. You can tell which is which by the coil on plugs. No plug wires- you have the 0331. That said, it isn't shit to replace them. So, if a deals to be had I wouldn't shy away. We ran 331k miles on one without issue. My WJ runs the 4.3 V8. They'll take on a Hemi Ram in the 1/8 mile, no problem.
Mine is a 99, made in 98. If what I read is right, I got in a smidge before the 0331. Though, I could certainly be wrong.

Edit: I misread your reply. I don't have coil on plugs.

I've been reading up on a newer 5.3 swap. Doesn't sound all that difficult to do. There are people making everything to lace it and the tranny up and go.

Back
Top Bottom