help me find a helmet

bruised

hi guys, looking for a old school cafe style 1/2 helmet with the full leather ear and chin straps but don't know the key words or brands to look for. here are some examples of what i kinda want. maybe you guys could suggest some models for me:

this one is cool but not full leather ear cover
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Vintage-Buco-1960s-Motorcycle-Scooter-1-2-Helmet-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ400145726668QQptZApparelQ5fMerchandise#ht_2424wt_736

this one is very cool, but too big, and i don't like the visor that comes with it (interchangeable?)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Vintage-Buco-Motorcycle-Half-Helmet-Police-Harley-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ140443200706QQptZApparelQ5fMerchandise#ht_500wt_977

color is not a concern because i'll most likely be painting it.

and anyone also recommend leather mouth cover strap? what are those called?

and how about goggles that fit over prescription spectacles

Half helmets are for Hardley riders that hate their brains. Buy a real (full face) one ;)

Your face and loved ones will thank you.

Re: Re: help me find a helmet

Mitey F said:
Half helmets are for Hardley riders that hate their brains. Buy a real (full face) one ;)

Your face and loved ones will thank you.

Are you saying the true brewed cafe racers from the 60s hate their brains too? Lol.

When on "FeeBay I always type in the search bar under parts/accessories
vintage helmet you will find what you are looking for there
happy hunting :D

Fullmer
Biltwell
Rockhard

There's a few brands for you to check out. All of those make a D.O.T. approved lid and Biltwell also offers a "novelty" line of helmets. "Novelty" meaning they aren't D.O.T. approved. They are however, much lower profile than the helmets other companies offer. I don't know what state you're in, so I can't comment as to whether or not it would be legal for you to ride with one.

Vintage helmets are going to be just that, vintage. They are going to be old and brittle in most cases in comparison to newer, more modern brain buckets. Even the non D.O.T. approved biltwells, IMHO, seem to be a hell of a lot more sturdy then most old school helmets.

Pudding basin helmets are what you are looking for and I highly reccomend Davida. I've got (only) 5 helmets, 3 of which are pudding basin and 2 of them are Davida.
Quite simply they are the dogs bollocks.

Back
Top Bottom