All Illinois/Chicago/General Area people sign in here !!

Welcome to the forum, and nice score on the three bikes.
I especially dig the one with the hardtail frame (one far aginst the back wall of the truck).
Looks to be quite the cool little scoot (once it gets finished).

Don't forget to check out the Half Fast Chicago forums:
http://www.halffastchicago.com/forum
More than a couple of us Half Fast guys are building bikes similar to yours over the winter..

welcome brother! let me knwo if you need any help i am right in Elgin... I ride out by you alot as one of my buddies i ride with lives in Evanston

Im not much of a chopper guy, and I think it would take more fabrication than Im comfortable with right now; so the hardtail probably wont be completed anytime soon. Also I stole its motor since the one in my bike has a nice big chunk of piston missing somewhere down in the block.

I checked out the site but havent signed up for the forums yet, Ill have to do that!

JRK: I have a ton of silly little questions that I would feel silly starting a thread for, so youll def be getting some pms from me :)

hey man dont feel bad... EVER... hell i ask questions and learn something new every time i work on a bike! there is always room to learn... you got a great set up there man you are lucky! i will prob hit you up for some parts when i start my cb350 bobber/cafe project...
again if you need anything let me know... my entire garage is dedicated to building bikes... if you ever want to stop by come on past man... hell i am out there all the time working on the 500 yamaha i got going now

boomshakalaka said:
I have a ton of silly little questions that I would feel silly starting a thread for, so youll def be getting some pms from me :)
Same goes here man.
No question is a stupid question, unless you keep asking the same one over and over and over ;D
Everyone one on here, as well as in Half Fast Chicago are more than willing to help a fellow gearhead out however we can..

any ya'll up for a freeze yer tail ride this weekend maybe? looking to get out and stretch the black beautys legs!

JRK5892 said:
hey man dont feel bad... EVER... hell i ask questions and learn something new every time i work on a bike! there is always room to learn... you got a great set up there man you are lucky! i will prob hit you up for some parts when i start my cb350 bobber/cafe project...
again if you need anything let me know... my entire garage is dedicated to building bikes... if you ever want to stop by come on past man... hell i am out there all the time working on the 500 yamaha i got going now

ya, Ill probably take you up on that offer come december. My internship is done on the second, and Ill have a ton of free time.

just let me know man... i have a huge buffing wheel as well really makes things go faster when you are polishing

Alright I figured I might as well finally sign into this thread.

1) Derek
2) Park Ridge
3) 1978 CB750F (currently strewed across the garage, basement, bedroom, and possibly some in my truck)
4) No club affiliation

Where she started-ish:

CB001.jpg

Have it stripped down to the frame and am currently waiting on a whole bunch of new parts.

I have been having so much fun with this bike, that I am already starting to look for my next project bike. It's a sickness...

Hey Derek!
Nice to have a fellow Park Ridge-ian on DDT, I am located a block away from Oakton Pool. PM me if you ever wanna show off bikes in the spring!

krukster86 said:
Hey Derek!
Nice to have a fellow Park Ridge-ian on DDT, I am located a block away from Oakton Pool. PM me if you ever wanna show off bikes in the spring!

Definitely man. you will probably hear me going through that neighborhood quite a bit. I have a few friends that live in that particular neighborhood. If you ever need a hand turning a wrench let me know. I am always up for gettin a little dirt under my fingernails.

Bouncer said:
Definitely man. you will probably hear me going through that neighborhood quite a bit. I have a few friends that live in that particular neighborhood. If you ever need a hand turning a wrench let me know. I am always up for gettin a little dirt under my fingernails.

I love this forum/the attitude of gear heads!

man one of my buddies has a CB900... the one that has like 10 gears (5 high and 5 low)... anyway... he rocks that same seat! LOVES IT!!!! everytime we ride i have to tell him how ugly it is but.... i will say... he will ride that sucker forever! and every girl that ever gets on the back of it LOVES it as well.... when we all hook up in the spring i am sure you will see it... he is not into the cafe style so he has a CB900, with bags, shield, crash bars... you name it, and is in GREAT condition! makes me laugh.

JRK5892 said:
man one of my buddies has a CB900... the one that has like 10 gears (5 high and 5 low)... anyway... he rocks that same seat! LOVES IT!!!! everytime we ride i have to tell him how ugly it is but.... i will say... he will ride that sucker forever! and every girl that ever gets on the back of it LOVES it as well.... when we all hook up in the spring i am sure you will see it... he is not into the cafe style so he has a CB900, with bags, shield, crash bars... you name it, and is in GREAT condition! makes me laugh.

I cannot seem to give away this damn seat! I suppose I will hold on to it as a reminder of where this bike started....

Back
Top Bottom