WTB: 1969-1978 CB400-CB750

cosmo

Been Around the Block
I'm looking for a decent shape 70's Honda CB. Preferably a 400F or a 750. The shape is not too important as it will be gone through. If its running that's a plus. The plans to do something similar to what Terry at Team Hansen does, but without the huge expense, waiting time and make it somewhat street-able.

How about a CB350 with drum front brake. Good runner, ready for a good cafe job.

e-mail me @ jasonmontgomery@porchlight.ca if your interested.

Jay

cosmo said:
I'm looking for a decent shape 70's Honda CB. Preferably a 400F or a 750. The shape is not too important as it will be gone through. If its running that's a plus. The plans to do something similar to what Terry at Team Hansen does, but without the huge expense, waiting time and make it somewhat street-able.

Terry does some amazing work .... but man they are expensive !!!!. :eek:

tonupjay said:
How about a CB350 with drum front brake. Good runner, ready for a good cafe job.

e-mail me @ jasonmontgomery@porchlight.ca if your interested.

Jay
Thanks for the offer, but the 350 just doesn't fit in to the plans.

XS650RR said:
Terry does some amazing work .... but man they are expensive !!!!. :eek:

The CR replicas he has done sparked the interest in picking up yet another Honda to add to the stable. I wouldn't want to know what the charge will be for the current bike he's building for a fellow from Mexico (he gave Terry creative freedom to use any parts he wants :-X)

Terry's bike in the photo above is a CB350F......not sure if you confused it with a CB400F??

Later,
Greg
www.OHIOCAFERACERS.com

ohiocaferacer said:
Terry's bike in the photo above is a CB350F......not sure if you confused it with a CB400F??

Later,
Greg
www.OHIOCAFERACERS.com
Yep I know that its a 350F, the only reason I state a 400F is that I plan to do something similar, but start off with the six speed transmission and larger stock bore. Seeing what he has done recreating those small classics sparked the interest in doing one of my own, either a small CB400F punched out to ~500 or a Dick Mann CR750 replica.

My 450 is gonna be for sale once I get it back up and running.
Shoot me an email if ya want...

Hey Cosmo, check this out...already disassembled on the VRRA website:

Allo friend's

I have a complet 1976 CB400F in box last time race 1995 whit VRRA at Mosport

Call Ron (819)671-0365 or racingbud@sympatico.ca

Complet bike for $400

Cheers

BANDIT said:
Hey Cosmo, check this out...already disassembled on the VRRA website:

Allo friend's

I have a complet 1976 CB400F in box last time race 1995 whit VRRA at Mosport

Call Ron (819)671-0365 or racingbud@sympatico.ca

Complet bike for $400

Cheers
Sweet thanks! I shot him a email, thats in Quebec correct?

you might want to check this out

http://www.sohc4.us/forums/index.php?topic=19131.0

seems like a good deal. if you check the vendors feedback, he sells lots of nice bikes.

don't worry about importing from the USA. it's real easy.

Ease said:

Doesn't everyone? Just add CL350 to the list and you got everyone included I'd say, hah.
Yea I'm thinking it is a lost cause to find a decently priced one somewhat near to me, I'm just going to end up importing a NC30 and throwing the Camel street fairings onto it.

cosmo said:
Ease said:

Doesn't everyone? Just add CL350 to the list and you got everyone included I'd say, hah.
Yea I'm thinking it is a lost cause to find a decently priced one somewhat near to me, I'm just going to end up importing a NC30 and throwing the Camel street fairings onto it.

Don't get me wrong, they're still going cheap, and there are still a good few around... I just meant everyone who comes to a site called "dotheton.com."

I have a handle on a 78 CB350 for $500 with a rebuild motor, and a 77 CB750K with a fresh motor and Paint.

They're both here in NL, though.

Back
Top Bottom