Bell Custom 500 helmets vs Biltwell helmets

I have a Bell 500 in size large and it just fits, I also have a Bell Star full face in size medium that fits very good and a large AGV V-Flyer also a good fit. The difference between the 500 and Star is substantial, you gotta try them on to know what size.

I just bought a 500 Custom, should be here in a couple days, I am hoping i don't look like a lollie pop.

My buddy just picked up a Bell500 and compared to my vintage lids, its looks less "spaceman". He is a big dude though, which may help to make it look a little better.

Adamantium said:
I you get the medium and don't like it, ill swap ya :)

anyway you would take a close-up shot of the helmet on your head? I can't find any place locally that stocks them so that I can try it on for size.

also, has anyone seen the black shimmer 500 in person? supposedly a limited edition...it looks to have rainbow flake in it. I want a black helmet that is unique but I don't want it to look like something a lady would wear either..lol

bell_custom500_blackshimmer_helmets.jpg

well Jordan (TurdFerguson on here) got a Large in the Bell 500, Orange flake. I tried it on and it fit ok on top but seemed loose on the sides. I think I am going to go ahead and get the medium.

Adamantium, if it is too small, i will trade you.

I've tried on a Bell 500 and I own a Rockhard America. I have a small-to-medium sized head and found that the Bell 500 look absolutely horrible compared to the Rockhard. Both are DOT approved, but my only concern is that Bell is a massive company with lots of racing history and advanced technology that goes into their helmets. Rockhard... well I don't really know their story.

Anyways, for me personally, (everyone's heads are different, and everyone has different opinions on what level of bobble-head is acceptable) I would not purchase a Bell 500. It just looked to tall. It fits ok on the sides, but there is alot of padding on top that makes the helmet look bigger than it actually is. Hope that helps.

silverstonepgt said:
Thought I'd throw in pics of the Biltwell novelty fitment since mine came in the mail yesterday:

208547_10100748802575454_2332510_71719091_3090652_n.jpg

216886_10100748804855884_2332510_71719099_7686443_n.jpg

that's a good fit for silverstonepgt. ive tried the bell 500 custom hoping for a good fit but with a slim melon like mine, it makes me look like the great gazoo. searching out biltwell's now.

Attachments

• The_Great_Gazoo.jpg
    The_Great_Gazoo.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 1,689
I also have a very slim and long head and have to wear an XL in most cases because of it. I bought a Fulmer V2 and it looked rediculous on me, but great on the dude I sold it to...go figure...

I have the Bell 500. It does look a little bit big on my head but it's snug and comfortable. The only problem I have with it is that I've only had it a few months and the chrome is coming off the plastic trim piece that goes all around the rim. Anybody here redo helmets know a good place to order the helmet trim?

Rocking the Bell 500 Orange that I use almost daily. I took a guess and went with a medium and it fits perfect. Only issue is highway speed 60mph and up, the helmet's got to be tight or it pulls up. Not the best for highway speeds but I don't ride the highway that much anyway.

I have a Bell500 black flake. I recently lost 80lbs and I look ridiculous with this helmet now ^ seriously like a spaceman. Looking for a half with leather ear flaps. Really difficult to find that are DOT approved.

Dezmodromic said:
also, has anyone seen the black shimmer 500 in person? supposedly a limited edition...it looks to have rainbow flake in it. I want a black helmet that is unique but I don't want it to look like something a lady would wear either..lol

bell_custom500_blackshimmer_helmets.jpg
man that would match my paint perfect. Not as heavy but my black has rainbow flake.
5usujure.jpg
emery2un.jpg

Back
Top Bottom