WTB: CB500T Seat pan. Condition of foam Does not matter!

Fear My Twin said:
Its possible the earlier models will not. Can you possibly post a pic of the underside of it?

Thanks!

2085499750_ebcd4dd81d.jpg

2084719025_99287cc72f.jpg

2085501202_205570d999.jpg

Hey DrJ,

How much do you want for it?...
Very shortly, I might need a cb450 seat to turn into a Kaff seat...(If things go well...I should know in the next day or so...)

^DrJ. can you by any chance take a close up of the hinge mech.? It looks like it may be the same, but I cant besure without a close-up.

Thanks!

Fear My Twin said:
^DrJ. can you by any chance take a close up of the hinge mech.? It looks like it may be the same, but I cant besure without a close-up.

Thanks!

Hey, why not just compare the seat part numbers from that model cb450 & the cb550?

These Fiches are pretty good too:

http://www.hdlparts.com/fiche_select.asp

Oh yeah, it would be totally different number... the seats are cosmetically different.... But Like DrJ said the mounting locations might be the same..

Upon further investigation I've learned that the 500 is quite different from the 450 and the hinge mechanisms are not the same but the dimensions of the seats are probably similar. Anyway the 450 is much better looking since it's straight across at the bottom and would make a better base for a cafe seat.

Got several.
josephpugsley at yahoo for phone #, etc. Can mail it out tomorrow.

Sorry no pics yet, but I have a good condition stock seat in brown , a bad one in black, a bare pan I was going to use for the tank/seat tail mod, and another one that is wide with a narrow rear, not quite gunfighter, more weird wannabe cafe king but no queen...if you gather my meaning.

I can't figure out how to post pics, and it's late (early mornings for me to go to werk!) :-\

But I have pics of two of the seats (so far).

OK, figured it out (sorta).
I also have a black stock seat and bare pan with more rust. The stock black one has nasty vinyl (ouside for 20 years!)

Back
Top Bottom