New Master Cylinder!!

Ease

83 XJ650RK, 77 TS-250
Got my clip-on's, but the master cylinder doesn't clear the bars...

Here's what I got:
Clip-ons.jpg

(From Jim Hinshaw (jimhinshaw@pmiusa.net))

I'm hoping someone has a master cylinder for a twin disc brake system that is a little more compact...

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Cellphone pic of bike with clip-on's:
Clip-onsinstall1.jpg

Hey Evan,

Thats wierd...it looks like you have enougth room there..
Can you post a pic showing where the MC hits?... I guess put the MC on the bars and lets see what you mean...

locO leoN said:
Hey Evan,

Thats wierd...it looks like you have enougth room there..
Can you post a pic showing where the MC hits?... I guess put the MC on the bars and lets see what you mean...

I don't have a pic right now (too dark in the garage for the call-phone camera now), but it should be easy enough to explain...

The MC on my yammy is about 3 inches long and hugs the bar. On the clubmans it's OK, cause there's room, but on the clip-on's the MC hits the clamp...

So I don't necessarily need a fancy new MC, just one that is a bit more compact and can handle the 2 disc setup.

Anyone have an idea of what will work so I can start askin around?

...I'm diein here... lol.

Ease said:
Anyone have an idea of what will work so I can start askin around?

OH..OK.. I see what you mean..
for some reason I was thinking that your MC was hitting your gauges...(whatever...Im tired).. LOL...
What you can just look for a round MC from a late model cb750. They are cheap and plentiful.
You can get one on ebay for as low as $5 but you'll probably need to rebuild it. REbuild kits are about $35.

Or try to find one that has already been rebuilt..

locO leoN said:
OH..OK.. I see what you mean..
for some reason I was thinking that your MC was hitting your gauges...(whatever...Im tired).. LOL...
What you can just look for a round MC from a late model cb750. They are cheap and plentiful.
You can get one on ebay for as low as $5 but you'll probably need to rebuild it. REbuild kits are about $35.

Or try to find one that has already been rebuilt..

Thanks!

Are the CB750 MC's good for dual disc setup though?
I can probably pick one up at the local scrap for a decent price.

Anyone have one lyin around? It is Christmas time you know! ;D Give yer buddy Ease a nice deal - you'll feel in the christmas spirit instantly. haha

Yep, late models cb750: 75 cb750f, 76-78 cb750f, any year Goldwing GL1100 all run dual disks.
Im just not sure if the goldwings run a round MC.

If you wait a bit, I can measure the size of the MC cylinder for you just so that you can measure...

Stand by...

Ease said:
Thanks!

Are the CB750 MC's good for dual disc setup though?
I can probably pick one up at the local scrap for a decent price.

locO leoN said:
Yep, late models cb750: 75 cb750f, 76-78 cb750f, any year Goldwing GL1100 all run dual disks.
Im just not sure if the goldwings run a round MC.

If you wait a bit, I can measure the size of the MC cylinder for you just so that you can measure...

Stand by...

That would be great, looking at pics it seems the MC's are a little long on the CB's as well...

I might have to look at re-locating the start button and kill switch in favor of a shorter throttle... Will all depend on cost.

here you go...
On my spare cb750 MC:
The cylinder itself has a diameter of: 2.5 inches
The entire piece is 4.5 inches, (not including the lever)...

I hope this helps!! ;D

locO leoN said:
here you go...
On my spare cb750 MC:
The cylinder itself has a diameter of: 2.5 inches
The entire piece is 4.5 inches, (not including the lever)...

I hope this helps!! ;D

Wow, thanks Noel... That was quick.
I'll check out the measurements with the bars... I have a feeling I'm still going to have to do the throttle swap if I'm gonna keep these bars...

Does anyone have the Tarozzi's installed on a bike with disc brakes?
It'd be great to see a photo if you do...

BTW, Just checked the members rides section - None in there.

Can you invert the bars and make this bar, ( top bar in the pic), the one on your left hand?
As it is mocked up on your bike, I think its inverted and on the wrong side ;D

Clip-ons.jpg

In other words, flip the bars & swap the sides. I think your MC may clear the bracket if you swap the sides...

locO leoN said:
Can you invert the bars and make this bar, ( top bar in the pic), the one on your left hand?
As it is mocked up on your bike, I think its inverted and on the wrong side ;D

In other words, flip the bars & swap the sides. I think your MC may clear the bracket if you swap the sides...

Yessir, I certainly Can. ;D ... And have tried that allready :-\

Actualy I had them on the way I put them together in the pic of the bars (on my seat in my cavalier on the way home from the post office, lol) But the feel wasn't quite right, so I swapped em L-to-R.

The MC didn't fit either way, though. Still hits off the clamp... I could try die grinding the MC to get it to clear the clamp, when swapped L-to-R again... but I'm hesitant to do that in case I ruin the MC, plus it feels better "on the wrong side." :D

Back
Top Bottom