Who wears a schott perfecto?

For less than the price of a new one you can buy at least 2 or 3 vintage Schotts. Just be aware that lots of them are quite short in the body - measure from the base of the collar to the bottom of the jacket at the back on a jacket you have now and like the fit of, and compare that to the jackets you're looking at.

I've had a few Schotts and they're great jackets, but $700 for any jacket is way way way too much money. Buy a vintage piece that will appreciate in value, not a new one that will only be worth less tomorrow than it is today.

I actually did find a vintage one I want on a vintage clothing website. Its a size 40 tho, I am kinda particular in how things fit I dont want to spend 300.00 and be disappointed, although I guess I can always resell it if I dont like it.

What you want to do is find some local vintage clothing places. Check the Goodwill, Salvation Army etc.

You'll find some Schotts out there.

If you dig that style and are looking for something along the same lines, check out a vintage Brimaco jacket. They can be had in minty condition for around 200$, and substantially less for well worn ones. What are your measurements? I'm 5'11" and 170lbs and wear a Brimaco in size 42. If you're interested i could take some pics of the fit for your reference.
images

I bought one 2nd hand not w/tags and it got stolen when the fucking mail man left in on my doorstep!

scotch said:
If you dig that style and are looking for something along the same lines, check out a vintage Brimaco jacket. They can be had in minty condition for around 200$, and substantially less for well worn ones. What are your measurements? I'm 5'11" and 170lbs and wear a Brimaco in size 42. If you're interested i could take some pics of the fit for your reference.

Those photos would be awesome I am 5'11" 160-165. Like I said I usually wear a 38/40 suit jacket but have no idea how these leathers run as I have never owned one.

I was also checking out this jacket at 129.95 it looks like a steal and the user reviews are pretty good. http://www.leatherup.com/p/Mens-Motorcycle-Jackets/Xelement-Mens-Retro-Brown-Premium-Speedster-Motorcycle-Jackets-with-Zip-Out-Lining/51544.html#sizingchart

Here's a couple photos of the fit. The shoulders/arms are great (which is rare for me to find with a thin torso and long arms), and the back is just lofty enough to allow a nice tuck while you're hitting the ton.
imgp1776a.jpg

imgp1777v.jpg

imgp1778.jpg

And yes, my walls ARE made of cotton candy.

I would search Ebay, I bought my Schott Perfecto there, and somethings you can find killer deals, I did!! You have to be patient, and certainly check the sellers measurements.
You are slightly taller than me, and weigh just a bit more. My Schott fits me perfectly as far as length of arm and from neck to waist. However, due to the 3/4 front zipper, when I ride I do get a fair amount of air into the jacket and it give me the puffy feeling. That being said, when you find a jacket and it fits your arms, shoulder and neck to waist measurements, maybe go for a 38.
I say that cuz you have a thin build, and unless way to short in the arms and neck to waist, a 38 will probably fit you better.
Bottom line, unless you can try on the jacket, you take a certain fitting risk online, so buy cheap and start your leather jacket habit!
Good luck, hope it helps...

Thanks for the replies guys! Scotch that looks almost identical to the jacket I am looking at. You said thats a 42? It looks like we are built very similar. I like the way the arms and length, but would prob like it a little tighter in the torso. Im going to keep an eye out for a 40 or maybe a 38 as long as the arm length doesn't change much I should be good.

I had one in a 40 as well which i sold. The arms were the same length, but the torso was too tight on me. Considering you're ~10lbs lighter, the 40 would probably be the fit for you. Keep in mind too that these are made to be motorcycle jackets before fashion jackets, so the back/soulders are meant to have some loft while you're standing straight, and will form nicely to the curve of your back and shoulders while you're tucked on your motorcycle.

Back
Top Bottom