Need a bodyshop in the GTA - painting fibreglass saddlebags

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
So tonight I scored a nice set of vintage Wixom bags for my BMW. According to the seller they're in great shape, but chances are they will need some minor repair etc. prior to painting.

Need them done up in black to match the BMW. White pinstriping would be an added bonus :)

Oh, and Noel's garage does not qualify as a bodyshop - no rattlecan jobs need apply!

Tintin said:
So tonight I scored a nice set of vintage Wixom bags for my BMW. According to the seller they're in great shape, but chances are they will need some minor repair etc. prior to painting.
Need them done up in black to match the BMW. White pinstriping would be an added bonus :)
Oh, and Noel's garage does not qualify as a bodyshop - no rattlecan jobs need apply!

LOL.. Fine then...My buddies family owns Sherway Collission on 131 Shorncliffe Rd ETOBICOKE ON M8Z, 5K7, (basically Queensway & Kipling). I usually get any sand/bead blasting, bodywork & paint done there at the cost of materials.

I've Recommend Rob at http://www.wookipaints.com/
he's a master with fiberglass and is a fantastic painter. Does a lot of custom work.

he was the guy who painted my tank and seat. He was recommended by a bunch of CVMG guys I know.

As a side note: This bike was at the last bike show. The fiberglass and the paint is all Rob's work:

n665282743_121154_2143.jpg

n665282743_121153_1863.jpg

When I get the bags I'll look him up. I'm still hunting for a set of Craven's or other more 'square' shaped bags, but the Wixoms actually look like they follow the lines of the touring tank on my BMW, so they might look pretty good once done up with the matching pinstripes. The trick will to make the new paint look like 33 year old paint.

Tintin said:
When I get the bags I'll look him up. I'm still hunting for a set of Craven's or other more 'square' shaped bags, but the Wixoms actually look like they follow the lines of the touring tank on my BMW, so they might look pretty good once done up with the matching pinstripes. The trick will to make the new paint look like 33 year old paint.
Is it the Krauser look you are after ?
http://picasaweb.google.com/xs850nut/MyPictures

Yep - to be more specific, it's these Craven Golden Arrow's I'd love to find. This is a friend's bike that I spotted on Craigslist the other day and we bought just this past weekend. I tried to convince him to let me have the bags.

DaveR90003.jpg

Yes, nice bags, and they suit this model. I still feel the Wixoms look good on the other model, especially on the rear shot where the curves are really noticeable. ;D

Yep - I'm pretty sure I'll like the Wixoms on the bike. Only paid $77 for the set, so I'm pretty pleased. The brackets are pretty subtle, so when painted black to match the frame they shouldn't be too noticeable when the bags are off the bike. Looking forward to having the extra hauling capacity, especially once I get the XS650 on the road for short fun rides :)

Well, Krausers would have cost you 3 times that amount. I put them on my bike along with the Givi top box for long hauls. The bike does act a bit like a sail when the luggage is on. Just before the snow arrived i returned the bike to stock.

Well, I still need to pay the shipping up from Texas ($50 or so) and to have them painted properly, so I'll be into $200 or so easily once all is said and done. Still cheap compared to the $500+ Buco's etc. that have been selling on eBay. At anything over $200, I'd just strap duffle bags to the bike and be done with it!

hey dude
i have a friend who paint TTC buses for a living. He paints cars in his personal garage. if intrested i will give you his number
yasir

That would be great! PM me the info. Does he work with fibreglass at all? I haven't seen the bags in person yet but I think they may need a bit of work.

hey.. Does he do body work by any chance?.. I have a shallow dent in a tank that needs to be popped out...

his name is ted 416-7165149. tell him yasir the subway guy(the guys monte carlo he painted) gave you the number. and see what happens.

Tintin said:
That would be great! PM me the info. Does he work with fibreglass at all? I haven't seen the bags in person yet but I think they may need a bit of work.
his name is ted 4167165149

Back
Top Bottom