Universal - Adjustable Rearset - more pictures and discount option

Viet

Been Around the Block
Hi everybody,

I has built-up the idea of cheap, adjustable and good quality rear set for a long time after fighting myself with a set of aluminum rear set. What I learn from my first rear set (bought one) are:
1. Its pulling lever is so short that only fit to rear disk brake not the traditional drum brake
2. the pulling angle (the angle between push lever and pulling lever) is fixed and so, when you change the bolt location, it is not create a good foot rest position. For some it has been said "adjustable", but the angle is adjusted for 45degree each position. This is too much for getting to best position.
3. It has 8mm bolts and that weak even for those who has just 120 lb like me. It is soon bended as we ride.

So I make my rear set that is :

1. Longer pulling lever
2. adjustable pulling angle with 20 position each only 18 degree
Adjustablerearset.jpg

3. It has 10 mm bolt which supported with a 19.5mm steel sleeve. This sleeve reinforces the footrest against heavy weight pushed in the foot rest.
4. It is 6mm steel so it cheaper but very hard built for lasting that helps its price is only US$ 60/set

This is my rear set:
383305_2891556730658_1312457613_33271526_1089179957_n.jpg

392015_2891561770784_1312457613_33271531_2048938112_n.jpg

393449_2891559650731_1312457613_33271529_517871775_n.jpg

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Cafe-Racer-Rearset-/250955622526?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a6e1ee87e

My price on ebay is $60 but for DoTheTon member, the price is US$55. Shipping to the US will be flat rate box and take about 2 weeks. The cost is $25 to $30. I only charge actual shipping cost. Return accepted within 7 days. Please email me for detail shipping cost at vietbac_pham@yahoo.com or if you have friends who is in Saigon, Vietnam, tell them to call in my shop at 165 Tran Nhan Ton, P2, Q10 for a cup of coffee, enjoy the classic and get the rear set directly.

IF YOU LOOKING FOR A COMPLETE SET WITH RODS AND CLEVISES LIKE THIS ONE:

rEARSET.jpg

PRICE FOR DOTHETON MEMBER IS $75 (SHIPPING TO EU IS $30 AND US IS $35)

This rear set is fit directly to rear foot peg of cb350, cb450 and cb175 (twin) with lot of room for the kickstarter
IMG-20120224-00169.jpg

A completed rearset for CL350, 450 and 175 with rods and clevises is now at $70 (not including shipping to US and Canada is $35 and EU is exact $30) for DoTheTon members. But you shall buy out of ebay.

Hope you like this

Viet

Re: Universal - Adjustable Rearset

Need something like this in the states.. It would be a bargain if not for the shipping..

Looks great, Me want also :)

email away :)

This is the discount price for DoTheTon member:
$50 a set + 3 clevis
Shipping $30 to US and EU

Best regards

nice i like the way these ones look ive been wanting to do it but just haven't gotten around to it

http://cafe-racerhub.com/

Dear Codys1024,

These rear set functioning perfectly on my CL350 cafe. The only thing I need is modifying right bracket as CL350 right side bracket (rear footpeg) is differed to the left. To balance both sides, I has made 1 bracket that adapted to the right side of my CL350. This is made of 5mm steel which is tough enough for 70kg rider to stand on the rear set without hesitation. This bracket is only fit CL350 and only sell with the rearsets.

So just that I understand...

These pegs are ready for a CL350? Do I need to adapt the passenger peg mounts or bolt them straight on?

I recomend this guy! I just picked up my new rearsets from the post office and they look great. Excellent service and fast delivery. And CHEAP too.

I also got a patch to have on my jacket :D

hello i am new and working on a cb 360 will thay work ?if i have to do some alteration to the frame is ok .

vain said:
I recomend this guy! I just picked up my new rearsets from the post office and they look great. Excellent service and fast delivery. And CHEAP too.

I also got a patch to have on my jacket :D

Thanks a lot Fredrik

kayakguy said:
So just that I understand...

These pegs are ready for a CL350? Do I need to adapt the passenger peg mounts or bolt them straight on?
Yeah, for CL350, the right rear foot peg is shorten and you need a bracket to balance with the left side. I make a CL350 bracket adapter that look great on CL350 at only US$5 more if you buy the rearset. I will post the photo soon

flaco said:
hello i am new and working on a cb 360 will thay work ?if i have to do some alteration to the frame is ok .
I dont have any CB360 in hand but as the look through photos, the CB360 frame is the same with Cb350. Therefore, no problem for these rear set

Man, those look great. Wish I would have seen these before I got my set. Good luck on selling.

Just ordered a set of these off of ebay. I'll let everybody know how long it takes to ship to Canada and how well they work on a CB350. I didn't bother with the discount for members, so not sure how that works. Either way, at 115 bucks (including shipping) they seem like a good deal and should bolt right up.

Scheidty said:
Just ordered a set of these off of ebay. I'll let everybody know how long it takes to ship to Canada and how well they work on a CB350. I didn't bother with the discount for members, so not sure how that works. Either way, at 115 bucks (including shipping) they seem like a good deal and should bolt right up.
So that is you, Evan. Thank you very much for your purchase. Really hope that you will receive within 15 days. I know the rear set is bolt right fit for CB350T as I have them on my CB350 project. Hope you like it

NvgtrWiggles said:
Do you reckon it'll fit on a CB400t?
I do not have CB400T in my shop but my rear set using 10mm bolt to bolt on the rear foot peg position. This bolt size is standard for almost all Honda bike. The pivot angle of rear set is truely adjustable to each smallest change of 18 degrees. What I do worry is the stock exhaust will block the foot peg of rear set. In my calculation, if the distance (vertical) from the bolt hole on rear foot peg bracket to the muffler is over 5-6cm (2 1/3 inches) then the rear set is good ready to bolt on. Now come to the gear shift rod, you need to measure the length from the rear foot peg bolt position to the gear shift shaft. This length will be use to make a gear shift rod. Last, you draw a Z shape as follows:
rearset-1.jpg

Just measure the AB, BC, CD and AD then I could get you a correct fit rear set. Remember the minimum distance to the rear shock (see photo) is 1 inch = 2.5cm

Back
Top Bottom