Looking for a fiberglass seat/seat pan for an 82 GS550

HillmanB

Looking for a fiberglass seat/seat pan for an 82 GS550, I dont have a ton of cash to put into it so trying to find a good deal on a seat.

if your able to figure out covering and foam $100 will get you

Attachments

• seat fs.jpg
    seat fs.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 187
I actually really like that...do you have any other pics? Do you make them or just have that 1? If you make them would I be able to give you a size?

Yes I can make in aluminum steel and stainless I can make to what ever dimension excite you No web site

Attachments

• 5in a row b low res.jpg
    5in a row b low res.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 207
Pretty sure Im going to go with Kens just waiting until next week when I have a little "extra" money (if there is such thing as extra money) :)

Try making your own. Checkout this.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AT6P7qaUPLw.
I did this without ever doing fiberglass before. 40-45 bucks and it is awesome. Dime city also has mounting kits. I too have an 82 gs. It was an L now a shred racer.

If they do not deviate to far from what I typically make $100 in steel , $135 in alloy, $165 in stainless . The up price on alloy and stainless is not to bad when you figure no paint necessary .

First off it is my feelings they look better if frame rails are exposed. Typically I will make the seating section ~ 1" high and the hump 4 = 5 " above it . My preference is the American style not the English hump
What I need is .
width at the front,?
length of flat section,?
width at rear of flat ,?
does it get to full width before the back of flat ,?
if so how far back does it attain full width .
Material
Steel ?
aluminum ?
stainless steel ?
other options available
Hump for top frame tube
hump for tire clearance
For tire clearance humps I highly recommend pulling rear shocks and taking spring of 1and installing and compressing rubber bumper to figure out clearances .
pocketed mount holes

i have this one with a tail light i can sell for $40 plus shipping from Ontario canada

Attachments

• DSC00417.JPG
    DSC00417.JPG
    143.7 KB · Views: 181
  • DSC00415.JPG
    DSC00415.JPG
    138.5 KB · Views: 183
  • DSC00416.JPG
    DSC00416.JPG
    138.5 KB · Views: 171
  • DSC00418.JPG
    DSC00418.JPG