DS7 Carb upgrade

el_simo

Zi goggles, Zey do Nothing !!
Hey guys, Im at the stage now where Ive my engine together n putting the final bits on. Ive been thinking of upgrading the carbs and fitting expansion chambers (well thats the plan anyways). When I had the cabrs out initially, I had to scoop out wheat from the inside of them. Im thinking of upgrading the carbs to 28mm whether flats or rounds. Any suggestions? Is it worth it power wise? It seems theres alot of work in tuning these bad boys too!!

On reading through threads tonight Ive only discovered size of the carbs was an issue too ! As always I'd be happy with any suggestions. The VM28 (flats?) are listed below.

Cheers,

Si

Attachments

• TMCarbs01.jpg
    TMCarbs01.jpg
    342 KB · Views: 193
What's on there now?
Probably 26, maybe 24mm?
28's should be fine and not too much trouble to jet.
Mikuni VM will be easiest to re-jet as they come with 'two-stroke' primary choke needle jet/emulsion tubes which even if incorrect will be closer to what you need

Yeah they're 26mm PJ. I was planning on 28mm as thats whats on the R5 so not any major difference to worry about.

Are you referring to the round vm's ? I saw the vm code on the flat list too and was a little confused. I know the flats seem a little better tuned but are probably alot more tempermental to get 'just right'. Also the rounded vm28's seem fairly hard to find now....

Thanks for your input bud ! :D

Back
Top Bottom