CB175 Front end

diesel450

"Fast with a past"
DTT BOTM WINNER
Looking for forks or fork lowers and the drum hub with all the brake linkage for a CB175. I'm going to convert a CB200 to drum front. Who's got what?!?!?

hey diesel, I just did the same thing with my CB200T. You do not need new fork lowers to make the conversion. I picked up a 175 wheel with drum brake setup and it bolted right onto my '75 CB200T forks. You do need all the axle, drum brake stay, and the spacers for the 175 to make it work.

Really?! Cool. I hadn't taken a close look at the 175 forks, just figured the lowers would be different for the hub. I'll see what I can dig up.

Thanks!

yep, here is a picture of mine shown with 1975 CB200 forks and 1973 CB175 front wheel. I would assume the fork lowers are different between the two models, but they do match up without modification. Some other people on hondatwins forum confirmed this was possible before I went ahead and purchased the 175 wheel, but now I can also confirm it works. The drum brake stay bolts right up to the fender mount holes on the 200.

On that same note, do you happen to have a cb200 caliper that you won't be needing since you are doing the swap? I am in need of the inside parts for mine.
P1060271.jpg

I have NOS lowers if you are interested. They are in great shape. Let me know......make me an offer......I can send pics.

Thanks for all the info. I snagged a 175 drum and wheel off ebay. going to just mount it with the 200 forks. I have a caliper but its a good one so I'm hanging on to it.

Back
Top Bottom