What do you think of a 98 VTR1000

Rhonda750F

Last fall I saw a Honda VTR1000 superhawk for, sale near my old mans house. I checked it out and he wanted 3800 OBO. Then one day it was gone. I figured he sold it.......Damn missed a good deal.
But yesterday I saw it out in his yard again. no sale sign though. I slammed on the brakes and started pounding at his door. I asked if it was for sale he said yeah he'll take $3000. He told me he just got it back from the shop that day for new rubber and a tune up. He let me go for a spin and man was it sweet. I has around 21,000 miles and a dent on the gas tank.
Heres what he has done to it.
- D&D exhaust
- Jet kit
- K&N filter
- Chrome frame and rims
- extended swing arm

Let me know what you guys think. Good buy or not?

996.jpg

996-2.jpg

996-1.jpg

996-3.jpg

Thats a really good deal.
Apparently they dont come onthe market very much... People who own them tend to keep them.
Ive seen a VTR modded with RC-51 skins... Its almost exactly the same bike...

Believe it or not, I was almost going to take a 2001 VTR + cash for my Camaro.
In doing some research I found this:

http://web.tiscali.it/mario_nava/vtr1000_e.html

I decided that I wanted the cash more than the bike...

If you have some spare cash burning a hole in your pocket, and you want a bike thats cheap on insurance and very reliable, Id go for it...

email Walt on the board aka: onlywalt (onlywalt@hotmail.com). He had a really nice one and he can give you some insight to the pros/cons of the VTR from personal experience...

Walt.. what to you think?

My only concern would be the extended swingarm ..... that mod is usally for drag racing .... :eek:

Back
Top Bottom