any welders? step in here!

tummyson

Hey All...I'm looking at getting a welder and I am looking at the Lincoln Electric 3200 HD. I'm liking this one from what I've read about it. Does anyone have any experience with this unit or have any recommendations. I'd like to stay with a 110V machine, my garage is wired for 230V but my in-laws have some equipment that it might be used on. Any help would be sweet, the CB needs some welding done so I can get her on the street so I want to pick up a welder soon.

Thanks Guys.

Mike

I don't have any experience with Lincoln but if you have 230v in the garage I'd go with a 230v welder. They are so much better than 120v. Better penetration and better welds.

Tummyson,

I've got a small Lincoln with a bottle and I think it is a great little machine. I agree with going with the 230 V version as the 110 v version is a little light for anything over a 1/4" thick, but for most bike projects the 110 Vac version is the ticket (plus you can just pick it up and use it anywhere). It's what I used to do the frame modifications on my bike and I was getting very good penetration and nice looking welds for MIG (TIG or gas welding is best for reeeaally nice welds, but very time consuming).

Make sure to always use high quality wire (not the stuff from princess auto) and a good high quality shielding gas (avoid using flux-core, expensive and messy)

Regards

J

Jay

Hey Mike,

Thats awesome!!... LEt me know when you get the welder.. I got some stuff that you can practice on!!.. LOL..

Back
Top Bottom