ROOF and OSBE Fighter Pilot Helmets, thoughts?

manualofman

i always wind up with extra bolts leftover..
I did a quick search and found some topics from a few years back related to these. I'm wondering if anyone out there is running one right now?

I'm interested in getting a fighter pilot style (not necessarily with all the faux-military decals) to go with the bike I'm building. Plus, I just think they look bomber. However, they are up there in price.

The OSBE Tornado and Rufus models look very similar to pilot helmets, and are a bit cheaper.
2.jpg

http://www.designerhelmets.com/proddetail.php?art_no=OS_TOR_USA72_WH&prod=Tornado+Graphic&cat=Osbe%2FGPA&info=3&sale=0

The ROOF helmets look more futuristic but feature a pretty cool rotating face guard and visor. They are also twice the price.
large_bxv8dark.png

http://www.designerhelmets.com/proddetail.php?art_no=ROOF012210&prod=RO5+Boxer+V8&cat=Roof&info=3&sale=0

Thoughts?

fireman said:
i suggest you to buy a roof helmet, specially the new [blah blah blah blah @ snickerdoodle.face]

Date Registered: Today at 11:13:49
Local Time: Jun 06, 2012, 11:21:59
Last Active: Today at 11:16:48

Promoting much? :mad:

i think the V8 R is similar to the Black Shadow version. They both have upgraded vents.

I'll probably end up going with a legit full face helmet, at the advice of others. I'm still a novice rider and should really think about keeping this face on head and not the pavement.

Damn rationality.

Buy the best fitting full face helmet you can find and afford. Lots of protection and comfort at all price levels - but make sure you get good advice from your local shop - don't order one online and hope it fits.

I wear a Shoei RF1100 exclusively (only helmet). Before that it was an RF1000 which I crashed. Prior to that I had a Nolan 'modular' or flip-front helmet. Way more convenient, especially for eyeglass wearers, but I love my Shoei. It fits my head perfectly and has awesome ventilation.

Don't just buy based on brand though. Make sure it fits YOUR head and face. If your helmet is not comfortable you won't enjoy riding

Tim do you still wear eyeglasses with your current Shoei? I wear glasses full time so proper fit will be key for me as well.

Thanks!

I wear eye glasses all the time and have the Shoei RF1100. It is a great helmet. But like previously stated, go to your local dealer and get fitted proper. Just my .02.

kneedragger74 said:
I wear eye glasses all the time and have the Shoei RF1100. It is a great helmet. But like previously stated, go to your local dealer and get fitted proper. Just my .02.

i'll definitely do that. since the RF1100 is popular, i should have no problem finding them at my local dealer. i'd have trouble finding something exotic like a ROOF or OSBE around here, as i think they are primarily only sold in europe anyways.

Icon sells their "Variant" model. After looking at it again that's what I really should have spent my money on. Not only does it look great, it's bound to fit well. I have an Icon Alliance and I couldn't be happier with the fit and build quality.

Back
Top Bottom