need parts 1978 cb750

Ease said:
That's no problem. I'm off work / school this weekend.

What will you be riding?
The cruiser? (I assume the cruiser b/c the CB needs the switch)
Waste of a weekend riding, but I almost got the XJ900 completed, do you know anyone that might have a CB 550, it can be a basketcase, wife wants to upgrade to vintage cafe, from the Virago, and by the way, the Virago is not my bike, and I won't ride it even if my bike was dead.:)

I was looking at a cb550 the other weekend actually... My budy has dibbs but if he doesn't buy it I'll let you know.

It's all original, green (faded - looks awesome), but the carbs are leaking a little gas... I think it's a 74?... $1200.00 Negotiable.

Actually there's another one in a little worse shape... but the dude is off the rocker and asking $2000... I went there expecting it to be immaculate and offering the guy $1500... but it turned out to be worth about 500 bucks.

nfldpirate said:
... and by the way, the Virago is not my bike, and I won't ride it even if my bike was dead.:)

Hah, sorry for accusing you in an earlier post! ;D

BTW I MIGHT have a couple of nights off work next week... So if we can't ride this weekend the weather should be let off by then...

nfldpirate said:
Waste of a weekend riding, but I almost got the XJ900 completed...

So are you over on xjbikes.com too?

Ease said:
I was looking at a cb550 the other weekend actually... My budy has dibbs but if he doesn't buy it I'll let you know.

It's all original, green (faded - looks awesome), but the carbs are leaking a little gas... I think it's a 74?... $1200.00 Negotiable.

Actually there's another one in a little worse shape... but the dude is off the rocker and asking $2000... I went there expecting it to be immaculate and offering the guy $1500... but it turned out to be worth about 500 bucks.

Hah, sorry for accusing you in an earlier post! ;D

BTW I MIGHT have a couple of nights off work next week... So if we can't ride this weekend the weather should be let off by then...

So are you over on xjbikes.com too?
The xj belongs to a friend of mine, he took it apart and did not have time to put it back together, I don't mind, few extra bucks. I called a guy with a cb 500 this weekend and could not get through to him. There was 550 for 600.00 in the Buy and Sell, I called him about 20 times, finally got through but the bike was gone.

Let me know if you are off, I am free after 8:30, wife comes home then, don't say you can't drop in before that for a meet and greet, see if we can get in touch with Mossy and see if he can come out to play.

I'm working Wed and Thur night's then I'm off all weekend. I got another buddy that want's to go also.
What ever day is nice I'm in. Sat or Sun morning sounds good to me. Check your PM's guys. Mossy

Mossy21 said:
I'm working Wed and Thur night's then I'm off all weekend. I got another buddy that want's to go also.
What ever day is nice I'm in. Sat or Sun morning sounds good to me. Check your PM's guys. Mossy

Excellent, looks like a weekend ride is in order.

[quote author=nfldpirate]
Let me know if you are off, I am free after 8:30, wife comes home then, don't say you can't drop in before that for a meet and greet, see if we can get in touch with Mossy and see if he can come out to play.[/quote]

You mean 8:30 each weekday? Or the weekends?
I'm hoping for monday and tuesday (possibly tuesday and wednesday... possibly just tuesday...) off of work, but it could be a stretch.

And, yeah, I still wouldn't mind droppin by with my buddy about the motor and frame either. He didn't buy a bike yet so if you got it there for a decent price he might just steal it away (different guy than has dibbs on the 550).

Ease said:
Excellent, looks like a weekend ride is in order.

You mean 8:30 each weekday? Or the weekends?
I'm hoping for monday and tuesday (possibly tuesday and wednesday... possibly just tuesday...) off of work, but it could be a stretch.

And, yeah, I still wouldn't mind droppin by with my buddy about the motor and frame either. He didn't buy a bike yet so if you got it there for a decent price he might just steal it away (different guy than has dibbs on the 550).
8:30 could be any day of the week, she works at the Health Science.

You can drop in anytime, just give me a call, spending alot of time on the SEca trying to get in finished.

Back
Top Bottom