Mike's XS650 Standard Cafe Seat

Motomane

Too much engine
Looking for a Mike's XS XS650 Standard Cafe Seat for 74-79 bikes. Looks just like this:

100_0757.jpg

There are a number of seat/seat covers from Taiwan that look similar but I only want the Mike's version.

Send me prices shipped to 19444 (or pickup if close). Thanks.

I found out that this seat is still for sale on XS650direct.com under part #68-6902. Unfortunately, I'm located in the US and they're unable to ship across the border (legal issues) and Mike's XS doesn't offer it currently. Mike's told me to check back early next year but I'm very skeptical because they haven't sold it in years. Can it be purchased anywhere else? The Taiwanese version looks like crap.

Why don't you ship it to a dtt member in Canada and let them ship it over the border to you?

Or send your stock seatpan to an upholsterer. They can likely make the same seat for you for close to the same price. On top of all that you get the benefit of supporting a local small business.

SONICJK said:
Why don't you ship it to a dtt member in Canada and let them ship it over the border to you?

Anyone in Canada wanna help a brotha out?

VonYinzer said:
Or send your stock seatpan to an upholsterer. They can likely make the same seat for you for close to the same price. On top of all that you get the benefit of supporting a local small business.

That would be the case if it was going on an XS650... But this seat will actually be mounted on my XS1100 monster cafe project. I think the proportions of the 1100 Standard tank + Mike's seat are perfect. It's really hard to come by a good looking 11. Here's my inspiration:

4424935461_786fff70b3_o.jpg

And now I'm hearing that they're out of stock which probably means they will be for a long loooooong time... D'oh

I guess it's back to square 1. Anyone have it for sale? Really trying not to start another project or overpay for a custom seat.

Bumpppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp.

If I can't find this seat then it's time for some fab... too bad I suck at upholstery.

If the Canadian site has it I'd be more than happy to take delivery and send it your way.

Seriously man... Call Jim at Alchemy Upholstery in Pittsburgh. If you send him a good pic and a stock pan he cam make that for you. And I bet it would he comparable in price to the Mikes XS part.

Back
Top Bottom